Any Nanaimo success stories???

N

Nick Nameless

Well, I'm finally gonna drop the small boat into the chuck this weekend.(weather permitting). Anyone been out lately? If so any tips?
I'll probably be sticking close to shore somewhere between Clark rock Neck Point depending on weather or tips.

Thanks in advance.

i was out last weekend but it was too windy for the 16 foot boat i use i stayed near clark rock there was lots of fish on the sounder even in departure bay and about 14-20 sealions and seagulls i think the herring is near the beaches maybe all i got was 1lingcod and let it go nuthin else a bit frustrating its been about 3 weeks since the last spring in northumberland any way ill be out there the next calm day see u out there good luck

i was out last weekend but it was too windy for the 16 foot boat i use i stayed near clark rock there was lots of fish on the sounder even in departure bay and about 14-20 sealions and seagulls i think the herring is near the beaches maybe all i got was 1lingcod and let it go nuthin else a bit frustrating its been about 3 weeks since the last spring in northumberland any way ill be out there the next calm day see u out there good luck

Thanks for the info nickle! I'm gonna try and get out friday afternoon if the winds die and saturday morning if they stay down. (fingers crossed)

Thanks for the info nickle! I'm gonna try and get out friday afternoon if the winds die and saturday morning if they stay down. (fingers crossed)

Hey N.N., once the fodder hits the beaches try a few miles off of Neck pt. or the fingers. The springs tend to get a little weary of the spawn. Deep being the key. 180 to 200. Hope it helps-dirty

Hey N.N., once the fodder hits the beaches try a few miles off of Neck pt. or the fingers. The springs tend to get a little weary of the spawn. Deep being the key. 180 to 200. Hope it helps-dirty

Well I trolled all Saturday at either Clark or the fingers. I lost one to a sea lion and hooked into ling cod a couple of times when I bounced bottom.I had 3 consecutive hits during the afternoon bite, but when I reeled in, I found I had broken my hook on the last bottom bounce. (Grrrrrr)

Well I trolled all Saturday at either Clark or the fingers. I lost one to a sea lion and hooked into ling cod a couple of times when I bounced bottom.I had 3 consecutive hits during the afternoon bite, but when I reeled in, I found I had broken my hook on the last bottom bounce. (Grrrrrr)

Back