Any local builders in BC can handle building a 50 foot sailing catamaran from plans ?

zurk

Looking to get a 50 foot aluminum sailing cat build done. Any builders handle it locally for a boat that size including stepping mast etc ?
I have the plans and CAD files. Looking to get it welded in 1/4" aluminum or thicker if possible.

Looking to get a 50 foot aluminum sailing cat build done. Any builders handle it locally for a boat that size including stepping mast etc ?
I have the plans and CAD files. Looking to get it welded in 1/4" aluminum or thicker if possible.
You could try CME in Alberni. They build very large aluminum boats/ferries and from what I have heard they are built to very high standards. Do your own research though, This all stuff I’ve heard. I haven’t dealt with them myself.

Will you be doing the electronics?

Welcome back :p
yep. about 100 kWh of lifepo4, 2 genny, electric drive, automated crew system and bit more stuff i cant quite cram into my current one. i'll likely duplicate the existing databus and systems architecture from mine into the cat since it seems to work well and likely electrical as well with the victron stuff i have except make the main electrical bus 48V instead of 12V.
im doing the electronic validation on my current one in prep for the new one 2-3 years down the road when the shell is built/complete.

anyone used henley boat mfg ? i think they are ON based.

yep. about 100 kWh of lifepo4, 2 genny, electric drive, automated crew system and bit more stuff i cant quite cram into my current one. i'll likely duplicate the existing databus and systems architecture from mine into the cat since it seems to work well and likely electrical as well with the victron stuff i have except make the main electrical bus 48V instead of 12V.
im doing the electronic validation on my current one in prep for the new one 2-3 years down the road when the shell is built/complete.

anyone used henley boat mfg ? i think they are ON based.
I don't understand but it sure sounds spensive.

Back