Any insight into this Campion 215?

ThreePer

I realize it is an '89 (and now has two stroke power) but this seems cheap to me.
Has anyone seen this boat or have any info on it? The pictures make it look like a pretty easy fixer upper with some elbow grease and a quick trip to the canvas roof store.

They obviously bought the motor recently, bolted it on, and raised the price as you can see by the two ads a month apart.

Thoughts?

Then: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/boa/4483004097.html
Now: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/boa/4536784745.html

We have a 215, not the WA though, so the one you are asking about is somewhat lighter.
Our 215 has the 170hp V6 and doesn't plane quickly. The 225hp EFI is in our future.
I would guess that the pictured 215 with only a 115hp on the back will take forever to get up on plane.
Consider buying the package, then upgrading the motor. There are 175 to 225 two strokes all over the place for $2500 - $3000.
The existing 115hp should sell for around $2000 as well.
That is a good fishing hull.

dollars to donuts the hull is rotten. my neighbour had a 215 of the same vintage. 200 hp required no question. He redid the transom or stringers...or saw that they were going to be mushy...and SOLD. That boat. The floors had all kinds of soft spots.

There's a reason that boat hasn't sold...it's not a good example of a 215.

dollars to donuts the hull is rotten. my neighbour had a 215 of the same vintage. 200 hp required no question. He redid the transom or stringers...or saw that they were going to be mushy...and SOLD. That boat. The floors had all kinds of soft spots.

There's a reason that boat hasn't sold...it's not a good example of a 215.
x2 Agreed, a friend just went thru this on his, had to do floor and stringers, if you go for a look
make sure the floor isn't soft, stick your head inside all three of those rear compartments and look closely,
also grab that kicker bracket and give it a yank back and forth, betcha that transom is soft

For what it is worth one of my friends has this same boat and it is powered with a 135 Optimax. Boat performs just fine and it is fairly cheap to operate. I am fishing basically the same boat (the newer version) with a 200 2 stroke Mercury and it has surplus power. Biggest noticeable difference is just getting it up on plane with the smaller motor.

I have a 21.5 sea swirl with a 150. I wouldn't mind a 200-250. I think mine is under powered. Fine by myself but put the family and a few friends in and she could definitely use some more power

Back