Another wiring question...

As noted, the switch itself is wired correctly. The one cable from the kicker that appears to connect to terminal 1, is not actually connected there, just entered the switch box from that position due to cable length. Entering into the switch from that side is what caused all the confusion. After I unmounted it and took a look from behind I could see that everything was as it should be (with the exception of too many connections - something I am going to resolve this weekend).
Yes done this myself the main and accesory go to common. Now the kicker could go to common too. But you want the kicker going to the house battery so you could go straight to house. This is because if your house is dead you could just pull start the kicker and you're fine.

I put in an acr and for me to run the kicker to the switch or house battery I need to drill another thruhull as I'm out of space. So for now my kicker goes to the start battery. My acr will charge the house from there.

It's not ideal because if the house runs out overnight it locks out the acr. But it will have to wait until the seasons over and im not camping overnight so I should be fine

Back