Anchovy or Herring?

I hear about Brown's Bay, and about Cape Mudge, but what of in between? They have to migrate from one to the other... there must be some decent fishing spots in between?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there is a number but not many folks left have the skills or the know how to fish the narrows. One can still fish race point, duncan bay, copper bluffs, the bowling alley, whisky point, in front of the reserve on Quadra across from town and a few more spots in the narrows. Also next to Browns Bay is, Plumper, Deep Water Bay, & Separation Head. The thing is people tend to follow the crowd, if you know how there is fish in all those spots, but if you don't...be really careful north of race point till plumper bay. The currents get pretty narly and it wouldn't take much for you to be another Ripple Rock statistic.

Marshal - cut plug herring and anchovies both work great we do tend to have issues with dogfish south of the narrows so I personally don't run bait down south but, north of them...drop it down & get er done!

Yes there is a number but not many folks left have the skills or the know how to fish the narrows. One can still fish race point, duncan bay, copper bluffs, the bowling alley, whisky point, in front of the reserve on Quadra across from town and a few more spots in the narrows. Also next to Browns Bay is, Plumper, Deep Water Bay, & Separation Head. The thing is people tend to follow the crowd, if you know how there is fish in all those spots, but if you don't...be really careful north of race point till plumper bay. The currents get pretty narly and it wouldn't take much for you to be another Ripple Rock statistic.

Marshal - cut plug herring and anchovies both work great we do tend to have issues with dogfish south of the narrows so I personally don't run bait down south but, north of them...drop it down & get er done!

Thanks Haze.

Is Whiskey Point the point of land just south of the Quadra ferry terminal?

Don't think we'll venture through the Narrows in our 15' 50hp boat.... but to launch at Brown's Bay:
- are the currents in waters just north of the narrows (Brown's Bay / Plumper) OK to navigate / troll with what I have?
- is there any non-camping accomodation with moorage in the vicinity?

Back