Amazing Shark footage taken 12 Jan, 2012 in Hawaii

sure that wasn't neil and osama?

Cool vid:cool:. Good footage. I think they were trippin bra. Yup that would be wild for sure. What an incredible fish. Why didn't they jump in and get some underwater footage? Kelly would have:p:D.

hey bra, carve me off a piece of that fawkin marlin bra and put it on a hook bra, i gonna try to catch that fawkin thing bra. Wouldn't that be fawkin cool bra, he looks hungry hey....

Pretty cool, definately get the ticker going seeing that thing circling the boat, would be cool catching one, don't know what the hell one would do with it but it would be fun fighting it on the line.

He talked about trying to hook it, but said he was still beat out from the Marlin! That would be a battle!

Hey Lorne!

So what the hell was it? 18 ft bro? 15ft? I bet he made that 12' look like a 18' filming it that close ;)

What an amazing thing to see. Just to have an opportunity to watch that for an extended period of time would be incredible. Put on a piece of that marlin bra and get at er. What a "catch" and release that would be!!

No interest in playing with something bigger than me! I have enough worries fishing with Blue Sharks following my boat off shore, never mind something that big. Would give me the willies...I would have been out a there long before the first time that thing circled the boat.

No interest in playing with something bigger than me! I have enough worries fishing with Blue Sharks following my boat off shore, never mind something that big. Would give me the willies...I would have been out a there long before the first time that thing circled the boat.

I've never worried about Blue Sharks following the boat, though I wouldn't want to fall overboard with them around.

The one time I brought one onboard after a client hooked on on Salmon gear I did learn that they do not act like Dogfish! They are much more aggressive! While Dogfish will thrash around on deck, Blue's will thrash around and actively try and bite you!

A few years back we were well off shore fishing Tuna, about 22 miles off the beach at Nootka Island. We had several on board and had just boated one when one of the buys yells "look at that!" and points off the stern. I could see a fin at the surface and the shadowy shape of what looked to me to be a Great White. Easily 10 to 12 feet long. I was shooting video at the time on a small compact digital camera and tried to capture it, but due to the roughness of the water it didn't show up on video.

While I can't confirm that it was a Great White that we saw, it was a shark, it was a big shark, and everyone on the boat saw it. I would have loved to have it swim around the boat like the one in the Hawaii video did. That would have been fantastic.

Back