Am I good to go

TGofers

Ok finally looking forward to getting out later this week, after months and months of turning a beater into a beater that floats. Still lots to go but I am chomping at the bit to get out and do some trolling out west or mouth of fraser. I was under the impression that I am good to go as I registered my boat with Transport Canada, I had to mail in all the info into Nova Scotia and they have me some type of letter and number code I can put on my boat, starts with BLB is that all I need to have done or do I need to do more prior to floating the boat. Not looking so much into the safety requirements as I think I have those locked but looking like Do I need to do anything more like have it licensed? I have my safe boater license.
Hoping I am good to go so I can hopefully get a decent pic and put it on my profile.

if they sent you numbers , you need to have those displayed on both sides of the hull...

By "safe boater's license" you mean your Boat Operator's Card......gotta have the BOC, ( carried with you on the boat).

Whatever's required for your boat length safety-wise you need to have.......save's you a lot of hassle if they check you and of course if something happens you have it.....required by law anyway....

Then there's insurance......if you are of such a mind that you deem your boat is worth it (like collsion, theft, fire etc.)...........usually when you get your trailer license you can opt for public liability insurance for very little money really.....good to have if you hit something with your boat and trailer......

Back