Aluminum transom cap replacement

Bows Up

The transom cap on my '94 Lund 1750 Fisherman is shot. Corroded through to the point I could pry off a 2" x 4" piece. Plywood transom board was encapsulated in resin. When I scraped that off the ply wasn't punky. ;)

I have a call into Howich for a Lund part but given the age of the hull I have my doubts about availability let alone cost.

Anybody done this or have any thoughts ?

post a pic? a lot of us metal guys like boat/fish projects and may be able to offer a solution, or build you a new one if they part is no longer available.

Cheers

post a pic? a lot of us metal guys like boat/fish projects and may be able to offer a solution, or build you a new one if they part is no longer available.

Cheers

You bet Nick. I made a bow cap with handle to replace the stock one on a lund. It turned out awesome and will never break again!

I think a welding / fab shop should be able to make something better than the stock unit Bows up.

I seem to recall that you can get replacement material from a glass shop that does shower door installs.
The trick it to bend it gently and with a soft hammer and some heat. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

Back