Aluminum Boat wanted

Redfisher

Wanted ---welded aluminum boat. Looking for a 20-22 foot with a full cabin. Must be suitable for West Coast outside waters usage.

I looked for mine internationally for 2 years until I broke down and ordered a new one. A very hard boat to find used. Good luck with your search.

Lots of bigger boats with full cabins but not many smaller ones. I don't care about outside "looks" and had hoped that something older or something needing some mods might show up. Hope not to have to order a new one but that is starting to look more realistic. Will see what the fall brings and if nothing shows up I will have to make a decision. Funny in that this size in fiberglass has literally hundreds of boats but in aluminum... slim pickens.

Hambone I looked at the E&D boat already. No room to overnight in it as the bow is small.

Tubber That is a very interesting deal. Was hoping to stay smaller as the fuel cost goes up with size but it is definitely interesting. Tempting but I need to stay focused on looking for a smaller cabined boat. I like several designs such as Cope's 23 Winter Harbour, Jaxoncraft 24, SEAWOLF VALKYRIE but they are getting bigger than I wanted. Was trying to stay with power down around 150hp. Even looked at a very intriguing design called a North Westerner from Washington which is along the lines of a C Dory but in aluminum.

i was first one to look at that weldcraft in kelowna it was hugh and in very good shape. to big for me I told him to take the add down and re list it at 60K he was way under price for that boat. will see if he does or not but that was a big butt welded boat.

I like them both. Wooldridge use 2 windows instead of 3 so a bit different style I really like the look of them, there a quality well built boat !

Back