Aluminum boat cleaner

You will want to be careful when selecting a cleaner, some of the heavy duty cleaners on the market actually de-oxodize the aluminum making it look older and more worn. I can't think of a good one off the top of my head but I'm sure someone here can help you.

TT

How about a pressure washer. You can rent one for a few hours and a few bucks... Or borrow one from a friendly neighbour. I use a gas powered PW to clean mine and it does a good job
RBF

It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to clean it, or polish it? If you want to just clean it, most grease removing cleaners will work. If you want to polish it you need a metal polish and a buffing machine. If you polish it it will take a lot of work to remove the oxidation. but the boat will look beautiful. However, you will need to paint it with a clear coat paint, otherwise it will oxidize again. If the boat is made of marine grade aluminum it will oxidize to a certain point and then form a protective layer and wont under usual circumstances oxidize any more. 3M makes a good aluminum cleaner that you can get in most boat shops, but it is expensive. Hope this helps.

Corrosion is not something that you need to accept as inevetible. I recently discovered a product called CorrosionX and CorrosionX HD. These products are amazing and will make your life easier. Corrosion Technologies also makes ReelX, CorrosionX for Guns, RejeX and Aviation products. Here is a link with some testamonials http://www.corrosionx.com/ Bottom line is I was so impressed I decided to pick up the line and offer it for sale to Retail customers and Dealers too. ReelX for instance was used by a local Reel Rebuilder shop and ther rebuilds lasted twice as long with the same usage. Best of all is they offer a Money $$$$$ back gaurantee. I haven't gotten it on the website as of yet but it will be soon. Dont accept corrosion any longer when you dont have too.

WITW, it is amazing what you can do with this stuff. Yesterday the wife dropped her Nextel phone in a bucket of water. I removed the battery and sprayed it down with CorrosionX. An hour later and Ta da, it works like a new one. Its a great water dispersal also while it Polar Bonds { + and - } to the metal. The FTFC { Fluid Thin Film Coating }Technology is amazing allowing you to cover a great are with little volume at .0003 of and inch. This is not solvent based and will not evaporate on you in seconds like some other products. I have been using a 6oz Aerosol can for all kinds of stuff. Suggested retail on the 6oz is $ 7.95 US and it will last. I would recommend the 16oz Trigger Spray bottle for $ 15.95 US and use a non absorbent towel to spread it on. After that you can do your Buffing or Polishing and then re apply to the surface to protect the finish you have created.Aparrently the Spray Bottle is easier to ship across the USA / Canadian Border. CorrosionX is also the best lubricant you can use for maritime applications. It does not attract dust, outperforms lubricants fortified with Teflon* (PTFE), and due to it's unique polar bonding technology, CorrosionX repels water, and doesn't dissipate quickly or wash off in harsh saltwater environments. Use CorrosionX on throttle cables, steering mechanisms, seat swivels, locks, travelers, winches, pulleys, furling systems, tracks and on any other gear that would benefit from lubrication. It will stop the Corrosion on contact. Due to its extraordinary dielectric properties, CorrosionX should be applied to all battery terminals, terminal strips, ignition switches, electrical connectors, circuit breakers, fuse holders, light switches, light sockets, electrical plugs, blower motors and fans to protect them from corrosion, extend their life and keep them working reliably. Best of all there is a 100% money back guarantee.

Back