Alumaweld Intruder Stern drive opinions

kevind

Hi all looking some opinions as i am looking to purchase a 2002 with 4.3 merc. and alpha leg. Will be used in the salt water around vancouver and up into the sunshine coast and lake. will be used for fishing and water sports for the young kids.

Thanks
Kevin

I guess no one on this site has one. if all goes well it should be in my driveway in a couple of weeks. ill post a couple of pics.

I have a 3.0L.... You need engine hours, service history... Must have fresh water cooling, and I would make sure all your manifolds and risers have been done recently... Check drive.. If the bellows looked cracked and old suspect that the drive shaft hasn't been looked at recently....

Its a good motor is its kept care of...Problem is a lot of them aren't looked after....

engine hours are 250. it is a interior boat so hasn't seen much salt but the risers show some rust as the mechanic has gone through it and needs to be replaced in a couple of years so it will be my next project. there was a value issue so one of the cylinders had lost pressure so the engine is getting serviced and sent to a hi performance shop to get machined the other cylinders where a pressure of 150 and he will check the leg and bellows also. also it does have a fresh water system heat exchange

Last edited by a moderator:
Back