Predator 22 upgrade from Nordel 17.5

Gbrent

Good Day, Sorry in advance for the long, wordy post... I am asking the community for opinions and more information on an upcoming situation/opportunity.

Currently own a Nordel Custom 17.5” welded aluminum centre console boat. It has a 2008 Honda BF75 (1500 hours approx) and is on a road runner galvanized trailer. Nice set up and well looked after. Currently stored on Vancouver Island and I am in Alberta. If the new to me boat below checks out, I will be selling this boat package remotely to fund a new ride! So any ideas of starting price would be appreciated. Optional in the sale but likely to go are 2x scotty downriggers and a 2010 Mercury F9.9MLB kicker (unknown hours but very low).

Opportunity to purchase a 2002 Predator 22’ welded aluminum center console boat came up. It has a 2002 Yamaha F115 (1000 approx. hours) and a 2005 Yamaha T9.9 PLRD on a road runner galvanized trailer. This will soon be taken to a shop for an inspection report on the motors. From this report I plan to decide on buying the whole package or hull and trailer only. So I am seeking:
1 - Specifications from anyone that owns or has owned this hull in the past. It looks decent from what I saw but, wonder about the below and hope to compare to other hulls currently available.
2 - Approx value of a used 2002 Yamaha F115? - If i dont take it as part of the new package
-------------------------------------------
Predator 22 Hull specifications
Manufacturer Predator Marine – Coombs BC
Hull weight (dry, wet or with trailer)
Plate thickness
Deadrise at transom
Transom height (Motor leg length)
Beam
Bottom width - chine to chine
Freeboard height
Inside floor to rail height
Coast Guard/Transport Canada Capacity plate location and or pics showing weight capacity, Max HP rating, etc. I did not see it when first looking

I have several of the current boat but only a few of the new prospect... any specifics let me know.

Attachments

• 20200708_175748.jpg
    20200708_175748.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20200708_175910.jpg
    20200708_175910.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 20210130_120025.jpg
    20210130_120025.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20210130_120325.jpg
    20210130_120325.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 139
It’s a sellers market right now. I bet you could get 22-25k for the Nordel right now. I sold mine with near new power for $17,500 4 years ago but it was a different time.

I would price that predator in the 35k range. Great hull that just needs some tweaks (seating) but older power and underpowered. The 02 115 isn’t worth a ton. $3500-4500?

That Nordel looks like a similar setup that they were running out of Double Bay on Hanson Island for years, great little boats.

Hey Seahorse, Thanks exactly where it came from. Never been to the island but met the lodge caretaker in Telegraph Cove and picker her up. Its been great.

That Predator is the Cope Nanoose 22. You can tell it’s a former lodge boat as well. Looks like one from Qualicum River Resort. Here are the build specs below, but you can’t be sure on the thickness unless Predator built it as per.

Pacific Outback Resorts had dozens of your Nor Del 17.5. They are a bit wet in the chop, not much reverse chine towards the front, if any.

C6980FC5-B958-4986-A59B-6C45F1C67454.jpeg

Thanks Aquaholic, That was my exact suspicion either Nanoose or another CC I found on the Cope web site...
Nanoose 22 - Design # 012
Cope 22ft 6in Center Console - Design #060
----------------------------
So I reached out to Bruce Cope (super nice guy) and responded saying its not his design?

As I remember , a young man named Kevin had a company in Coombs had a company in Coombs, BC called Predator Marine and he built some boats that looked very much like mine, but they are not my design.

Thanks Aquaholic, That was my exact suspicion either Nanoose or another CC I found on the Cope web site...
Nanoose 22 - Design # 012
Cope 22ft 6in Center Console - Design #060
----------------------------
So I reached out to Bruce Cope (super nice guy) and responded saying its not his design?

As I remember , a young man named Kevin had a company in Coombs had a company in Coombs, BC called Predator Marine and he built some boats that looked very much like mine, but they are not my design.
060 is a new design though. Regarding Bruce saying it’s not his design, I have a friend that used to have a lodge on the West Coast of Vancouver Island and he took Bruce’s design and modified it to his on liking but it still has the overall look of the Nanoose 22. If you get a hold of the guy from Qualicum River resort, send him the photo of the Predator and he will probably be able to answer who designed it because he had a few that were similar to this but might not have been as long.

F072EB83-5593-4CDC-BD39-183C36DC26FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Qualicum River Resort 19' version, it might have been a Predator build as well. I think Rob is the owners name. You can see the similarity.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 091753.jpg

Thanks Aquaholic,
I think you are right on the money. Will try getting a hold of Rob at Qualicum River Resort for more info.
Also the guy selling the Predator mentioned that it comes with an enclosure which was off the boat right now. That picture of the almon Rock above makes me think these are the same hull/builder.

So does anyone have an estimated market value or opinion of the value of the NorDel or Predator?

Thanks Aquaholic,
I think you are right on the money. Will try getting a hold of Rob at Qualicum River Resort for more info.
Also the guy selling the Predator mentioned that it comes with an enclosure which was off the boat right now. That picture of the almon Rock above makes me think these are the same hull/builder.

So does anyone have an estimated market value or opinion of the value of the NorDel or Predator?
Thanks and good luck. I was a bit presumptuous when I said the Predator was a Cope Nanoose 22 when I should have said it sure looks like one.

Hey Seahorse, Thanks exactly where it came from. Never been to the island but met the lodge caretaker in Telegraph Cove and picker her up. Its been great.
We stayed at the Resort a few years ago and met Brad the caretaker, the place looked like it had just shutdown and everyone left never to return. Tons of fishing equipment, boats, gear and clothing left.

Im pretty sure the Salmon Rock was for sale all last spring / early summer . Asking . 75,000 .

Back