"Alone" T.V. Show....

I liked the info graphic last night.

Some species of pacific salmon can grow to 125 lbs. Which charter captain can hook me into one of those?

Thought last nights show as great, pretty banged out salmon but food none the less I guess.

I do know who the winner is, how long he last, the whole deal. I was fortunate enough to be a part of the whole show, all the drop offs and all the rescues. I had to sign an iron clad contract stating I would not say a thing.

That being said, I have not seen any of the shows so watching them is all new to me.

Looking forward to next week as these boys get HAMMERED by a wicked storm, should make for good TV.

Fish stalker probabbly spoiled it for everyone. I didn't clue in to thhe spoiler he mentioned until reading it here.

I'm hoping for Lucas or the red haired guy.

I like sam too but they show so little of him. There's another guy still out there they hardly show too. Some must have not been very good at getting footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ex-soldier guy disappointed me. I thought this tough guy would win. What dummy. Drinking water from a creek with dead chum and stinky water. He drank 10 quarts of it? No wonder he got sick. I think the guy they don't show very much is probably not crying enough or misses his mommy enough. Seriously 5 days and they cry for their family. It does make good footage.

I didn't think filtering water through moss by itself was a very good idea.

Although I have seen charcoal from a fire plus clean sand layered in a large diameter vertical tube used for that......and it worked.

lol how would I ruin it I have no idea, anyone who sees the commercial could deduce the same idea. I like the young guy who built himself that platform bed Sam. Lucas is crafty too with the eyes on the back of his head.

The ex-soldier guy disappointed me. I thought this tough guy would win. What dummy. Drinking water from a creek with dead chum and stinky water. He drank 10 quarts of it? No wonder he got sick. I think the guy they don't show very much is probably not crying enough or misses his mommy enough. Seriously 5 days and they cry for their family. It does make good footage.
yep, as I mentioned earlier, I have drank out of 100's of water sources all around that area, but even I wouldn't touch something that had a stank to it in a marshy area! Definitely would have been a keep on walking situation for me.

Sounds like they have already cast the 2nd season - wonder if they plan on moving around cold wet environments or they take it tropical like the rest? Hope not - needs to stand out as different.

Deewar,

From what I understand they have not yet called for a second season and are waiting to see how viewership is come episode 5. The casting call is to speed up the process if History does order another season, they will have people ready to go.

It sounds to me through my contacts that they will be filming up here again if it is a go. Fingers crossed they do as it was a ton of fun.

Only hope we get to be involved again.

Looking forward to this weeks show, think the boys battle a hell of a storm.

Deewar,

From what I understand they have not yet called for a second season and are waiting to see how viewership is come episode 5. The casting call is to speed up the process if History does order another season, they will have people ready to go.

It sounds to me through my contacts that they will be filming up here again if it is a go. Fingers crossed they do as it was a ton of fun.

Only hope we get to be involved again.

Looking forward to this weeks show, think the boys battle a hell of a storm.

ah gotcha...yeah, see lots of reports of casting already done but not a sure thing. So they'd stick to your grounds, or would they move around? I'd love to see some of my old stomping grounds - Nootka Island (had a few close and personal bear encounters there!), Port Eliza, but then obviously you'd be out a job as its out of your travel range, so not your preference! ha Are they able to use the beaches of the north end or is that too close to trails/civilization (or not allowed in parkland or something?) Be a nicer way to showcase the island some...definitely not an inviting showcase where these guys are!

Definitely hooked on this one.

There are a few things that come into play that I noticed doing it last year. The biggest is accessibility to the players at any given time. All of the locations in this season were boat access only or extreme back country hiking to get to them as you saw in one of the early episodes.

Originally last year they wanted to be at Brooks, after some local insight they decided Quastino and WH area were good locations as we ways had access.

As for changing locations, from what I saw in start up that it is a real pain for out of country companies to get permits for these types of things. Most of these players were from out of country, hence needing special permission to fish, hunt, these types of things. Having everything set up already in this area will make it that much easier if they decide to do another season.

I only hope that we are asked to be a part of it again if they decide to do another season, one of the coolest things I e been a part of.

Looking forward to Thursday

Thanks all this talking and I started watching this is pretty addicting...Awesome though streaming it off of you tube and no commercials.

It's just so amazing how some people can't stand being alone......

It's not like they've been out there for six months straight....

Isolation, loneliness and fear seem to be the biggest factors..........

I thought it was a bit of a stretch saying the cougars grow over 200lbs and that humans are part of their diet.

Island cougars are generally smaller than mainland cougars... .......you aren't going to find many that hit 200lbs on the island. The bigger cats are on the mainland.

And while there have been cases of cougars attacking humans (often cougars that are malnourished or have some other issue like being unable to compete with other cougars).....I can't remember the last time I read where anyone was killed and consumed by a cougar on Vancouver Island as prey.

Generally they avoid interaction with humans.......If you've spent any amount of time in the woods on the island in certain areas I guarantee you that a cougar has seen you..but you never saw the cougar.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just so amazing how some people can't stand being alone......

It's not like they've been out there for six months straight....

Isolation, loneliness and fear seem to be the biggest factors..........

I thought it was a bit of a stretch saying the cougars grow over 200lbs and that humans are part of their diet.

Island cougars are generally smaller than mainland cougars... .......you aren't going to find many that hit 200lbs on the island. The bigger cats are on the mainland.

And while there have been cases of cougars attacking humans (often cougars that are malnourished or have some other issue like being unable to compete with other cougars).....I can't remember the last time I read where anyone was killed and consumed by a cougar on Vancouver Island as prey.

Generally they avoid interaction with humans.......If you've spent any amount of time in the woods on the island in certain areas I guarantee you that a cougar has seen you..but you never saw the cougar.

Right about the big cats-- in over 50 years, I have only seen two cats. But I also had one curious kitty follow me in the snow while I was deer hunting-- Didnt see him-- but sure noticed his tracks in mine on the way out! But then it would not be good TV then would it without the ferocious animal behind every tree ! :) I love the shots of the "wilderness" where they are dropped off and there are clearcuts on the slope behind them!! But would I like to give up my rocker and TV ??? Not a chance ! I have been in situations where I needed a fire and there was nothing but rain soaked wood available-- even under the stumps ....

Back