All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm not a doctor, but would any of the resident vaccination experts like to comment on Pfizers saying their 5-12 clinical trial size is not large enough to show potential myocarditis risk.
There are few absolutes in an unfolding pandemic. The known risks of COVID-19 illness and its related, possibly severe complications, such as long-term health problems, hospitalization, and even death, far outweigh the potential risks of having a rare adverse reaction to vaccination, including the possible risk of commonly treatable myocarditis or pericarditis.

When a few people choose to contest credible science and volumes of evidence, spread mis-information and refuse to use normal precautions to reduce the spread of a deadly disease, they are behaving in an aggressively, anti-social way. They limit a reasonable expectation that my health will not be deliberately endangered by another. These people are criminally negligent, must be prosecuted and then removed from any further public contact.
So, you have had two jabs and possibly a third, and you are still scared for your health. Do you not really believe that those jabs are going to prevent you getting covid? They do not appear to be working very well. The 'credible science and volumes of evidence' just might be the 'mis-information'.
Perhaps you should remove yourself from further public contact, would be the easiest thing to do.

Maybe, I will say in my circle of people I see regularly , the number of people who had a bad reaction to the vaccine is significantly higher than .01%. Here’s what I’ve been noticing . Every person that has died with Covid, died from Covid. Every person injured by the vaccine, was injured by something else.
What is a "bad" reaction? Having a sore arm or feeling flu like is not what we're talking about here.

So, you have had two jabs and possibly a third, and you are still scared for your health. Do you not really believe that those jabs are going to prevent you getting covid? They do not appear to be working very well. The 'credible science and volumes of evidence' just might be the 'mis-information'.
Perhaps you should remove yourself from further public contact, would be the easiest thing to do.
Ah, grascal, so myopic and self-absorbed: do you think Covid 19 is my fear? No, people such as you, that believe you are smarter than the best minds on the planet, are significantly more terrifying. Your condition has been identified: Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

The issue that I have with you, is that you are not capable 1) of understanding the rigor of science, 2) or the processes of critical thinking, 3) of identifying credible research and publications, 4) or identifying logical fallacies, 5) of tolerating cognitive dissonance or 6) of arriving at defensible conclusions. Unfortunately, the miracle of social media enables you to attract and congregate like- minded people, as incapable as you are. Those reinforcements seem to convince you that you have actually become intelligent and credible, although this is certainly not the case. Your distortion and distraction slows indecisive people in good decision-making. That is the very real threat that you pose to public health.

Then, Dr. Jefferson Jones, a medical officer on the CDC’s COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force, spoke up.

“Thinking that we’ll be able to achieve some kind of threshold where there’ll be no more transmission of infections may not be possible,” Jones told the CDC panel. The widespread phenomenon of waning immunity — among people who survived coronavirus infections as well as those who’ve been vaccinated — has made the adoption of a clear herd-immunity goal “very complicated,” he added.

Then, Dr. Jefferson Jones, a medical officer on the CDC’s COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force, spoke up.

“Thinking that we’ll be able to achieve some kind of threshold where there’ll be no more transmission of infections may not be possible,” Jones told the CDC panel. The widespread phenomenon of waning immunity — among people who survived coronavirus infections as well as those who’ve been vaccinated — has made the adoption of a clear herd-immunity goal “very complicated,” he added.
Covid 19 and it's mutations have challenged our public health systems, worldwide. However, this may be just the beginning of zoonotic pandemics. Some 250 viruses are known to be "zoonotic," meaning they have already spilled over from animals to people, and an estimated 500,000-plus viruses have spillover potential, the researchers wrote in a paper about the SpillOver tool, published recently in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Emerging infectious diseases in humans are frequently caused by pathogens originating from animal hosts, and zoonotic disease outbreaks present a major challenge to global health.

Ah, grascal, so myopic and self-absorbed: do you think Covid 19 is my fear? No, people such as you, that believe you are smarter than the best minds on the planet, are significantly more terrifying. Your condition has been identified: Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

The issue that I have with you, is that you are not capable 1) of understanding the rigor of science, 2) or the processes of critical thinking, 3) of identifying credible research and publications, 4) or identifying logical fallacies, 5) of tolerating cognitive dissonance or 6) of arriving at defensible conclusions. Unfortunately, the miracle of social media enables you to attract and congregate like- minded people, as incapable as you are. Those reinforcements seem to convince you that you have actually become intelligent and credible, although this is certainly not the case. Your distortion and distraction slows indecisive people in good decision-making. That is the very real threat that you pose to public health.
Yes, you are probably right, I do underestimate my own ability. (Dunning-Kruger syndrome).

The issue I have with you is that all 6 of your well thought points can be applied to you and most others as well. Ditto with your social media comment, applies to every expert in this thread.

I note that you have no credible response to my initial comment, the typical Trudeau reply. There is much data emerging that the vaccines are not safe nor effective.
Current data also shows that covid is simply another flu virus and no more 'deadly'. Both are certainly bad for older folks with other conditions.
For under 60 not much of a problem. Its a flu like we have lived with most of our lives. We have an immune system, at least most of us do, or did.
For children? Not on your life. Disgusting! Shame on anyone who would jab their children. Can your credible science prove that these children and young adults will not have any serious health effects in the future? Of course not. We are all part of the experiment. Too many people are in complete denial and cannot think past the fear instilled in them from the start of the 'pandemic'.

You lost me at its a flu.

It amazes me how a country that is known for helping each other has people in it that can't think of others. This last two years has shown it isn't that type of place anymore. If your over 60 that's too bad. Of you have a health issue too bad for you.

When our people going to stop thinking for themselves. Lost hope honestly. Beyond frustrating.

Another thing that is also frustrating is people aren't associating the costs with unvaccinated people in hospitals right now.

The hospital is business just like everything else. You think the workers and building are free? Public seems to think so.

Have a look at these figures from the BC government budget.

So who is paying for that? Look at those deficit numbers? Frightening.

You have to admit it's a bit funny with people protesting when no one even pays MSP payments for health care?

Last edited:
Yes, you are probably right, I do underestimate my own ability. (Dunning-Kruger syndrome).

The issue I have with you is that all 6 of your well thought points can be applied to you and most others as well. Ditto with your social media comment, applies to every expert in this thread.

I note that you have no credible response to my initial comment, the typical Trudeau reply. There is much data emerging that the vaccines are not safe nor effective.
Current data also shows that covid is simply another flu virus and no more 'deadly'. Both are certainly bad for older folks with other conditions.
For under 60 not much of a problem. Its a flu like we have lived with most of our lives. We have an immune system, at least most of us do, or did.
For children? Not on your life. Disgusting! Shame on anyone who would jab their children. Can your credible science prove that these children and young adults will not have any serious health effects in the future? Of course not. We are all part of the experiment. Too many people are in complete denial and cannot think past the fear instilled in them from the start of the 'pandemic'.
We have over 100 years of unassailable evidence, that vaccines are both safe and very effective. When you are dead, grascal, you do not know you are dead. It is only difficult for others. It's the same when you are stupid.

There are few absolutes in an unfolding pandemic. The known risks of COVID-19 illness and its related, possibly severe complications, such as long-term health problems, hospitalization, and even death, far outweigh the potential risks of having a rare adverse reaction to vaccination, including the possible risk of commonly treatable myocarditis or pericarditis.

Combating Pericarditis, Myocarditis, and Endocarditis​

In cases of pericarditis or myocarditis, an antiviral medication Is not usually used since the viral cause is not known, Meanwhile, an anti-inflammatory medicine will reduce inflammation and pain. Treatment times may vary, as some patients can expect months to years of medication. In some cases, however, the heart is too weakened by myocarditis to fully recover, and the only remaining solution is a heart transplant.

Because endocarditis is caused by a systemic infection (bacteria) rather than a virus, it can be treated with antibiotics. Dentists and doctors use preventative antibiotics whenever there’s a risk that bacteria might enter the bloodstream. Antibiotics are also the most effective treatment available for patients diagnosed with endocarditis. If the infection damages the valves, however, symptoms might persist even after treatment is successful, and surgery might be necessary to repair or replace damaged tissues.

COMMONLY TREATABLE?

Combating Pericarditis, Myocarditis, and Endocarditis​

In cases of pericarditis or myocarditis, an antiviral medication Is not usually used since the viral cause is not known, Meanwhile, an anti-inflammatory medicine will reduce inflammation and pain. Treatment times may vary, as some patients can expect months to years of medication. In some cases, however, the heart is too weakened by myocarditis to fully recover, and the only remaining solution is a heart transplant.

Because endocarditis is caused by a systemic infection (bacteria) rather than a virus, it can be treated with antibiotics. Dentists and doctors use preventative antibiotics whenever there’s a risk that bacteria might enter the bloodstream. Antibiotics are also the most effective treatment available for patients diagnosed with endocarditis. If the infection damages the valves, however, symptoms might persist even after treatment is successful, and surgery might be necessary to repair or replace damaged tissues.

COMMONLY TREATABLE?

“Vaccine safety surveillance data in Canada also suggest relatively higher rates of myocarditis and/or pericarditis reported after Spikevax (Moderna) vaccination compared to Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech). While follow-up is ongoing, the available data indicate that the majority of affected individuals, even if hospitalized, experience relatively mild illness, respond well to conservative treatment, and recover quickly. It is also important to consider that the risk of cardiac complications, including myocarditis, has been shown to be substantially increased following SARS-CoV-2 infection, and that it is higher following infection than after vaccination”

Lol are you kidding me?? Just another flu??? The flu kills between 30-50,000 people a year in the USA... Covid has killed 750,000+. Where the hell do you get your numbers. And can you show us any credible sources that show the vaccine is not safe or effective???

A link to the “current data” showing that Covid is simply another flu and no m,ore deadly would be good? I cant find that data. Found this data though

“The death rate among COVID-19 patients was 18.5%, while it was 5.3% for those with the flu. Those with COVID were nearly five times more likely to die than flu patients, according to the study published online Dec. 15 in the BMJ.”

“ Can your credible science prove that these children and young adults will not have any serious health effects in the future? Of course not. We are all part of the experiment.”

I dont know about you but I listen to my Dr. Do you think there was “ proof” that there would be no future side effects from Polio or Smallpox vaccines? How for have science, virology, medicine advanced since then? the vast majority of medical professionals on the planet reccomend vaccination 100%, if you’re not taking their advice whose are you taking? who do you listen to when you become ill or have an accident and break a bone or blow your knee out playing hockey? The kooks from Rebelnews.com or Peckford42?

Last edited:
“ Can your credible science prove that these children and young adults will not have any serious health effects in the future? Of course not. We are all part of the experiment.”

I dont know about you but I listen to my Dr. Do you think there was “ proof” that there would be no future side effects from Polio or Smallpox vaccines? How for have science, virology, medicine advanced since then? the vast majority of medical professionals on the planet reccomend vaccination 100%, if you’re not taking their advice whose are you taking? who do you listen to when you become ill or have an accident and break a bone or blow your knee out playing hockey? The kooks from Rebelnews.com or Peckford42?
If you live past 50, not dying in infancy, childhood or from commonly transmissable and deadly diseases or infections, thank medical science, scientists and healthcare professionals. That was not the case 100 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back