All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are pregnant or have a life threatening situation you are still going to get the help you need.

If you are dumb enough to go to the hospital with a hang nail, they are going to tell you to f5ck off. Which they should.

This is accurate.

My wife ended up going to ER last week. Very stringent admitting process including a pre-admitting tent outside. Sanitizer, masks, everything was available. Inside the ER they had a "hot" area and "cold" area (hot = COVID). My wife was talking with the nurses about the situation and the impact on the ER. The "trivial" visits are eliminated due to the more stringent admitting process. There are also fewer injury visits due to parks being closed, less traffic on the roads, and social things like bar fights not taking place (nurses specifically mentioned this one).

Jesus nog, give it a break. Now is the time to work together, not finding faults.

snapoutofit.gif

Each to their own.
Nog

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-loans-wont-save-local-small-business/

To date, the federal government’s attempt to address the impending wide-scale national rent default is a loan called the Canadian Emergency Business Account (CEBA). It is a generous loan. Up to $40,000 at zero per cent interest (for a while), and $10,000 is forgiven for those that meet certain criteria. It will probably be useful for a lot of small businesses, especially in the technology sector, where labour is a higher cost than rent. In fact, the idea for a loan-based response was proposed by the Canadian Council of Innovators, a technology advocacy group. But Finance Minister Bill Morneau said the program is for “the local restaurants, the corner coffee shops, the small travel agencies, the salons and barbershops and the many other small businesses that form the very backbone of Canada’s economy.”

Yep this is what I am finding out. High tech companies with expensive payrolls, and accessing already free Scientific Research and Development credits lobbied for this. That means that companies that have zero income, and not even viable yet can get these loans. Have to admit that is very clever. This is where the loans will go.

1st off what a global mess and horrible loss of life, 2ndly economically disastrous everyone better batten down the hatches as this is going to haunt us all for quite sometime. I'm always an optimistic thinker but given the messages coming from the health ministers it's looking like this summer travel restrictions could still be in place. Going to be a hard blow to all BC tourism businesses, start laying your track now to make sure you can weather the storm.

Once June 1st comes and if things remain the status quo virus wise and travel restrictions the wave of cancellations will start pouring in paired with refunds etc. We're several months behind other countries that are still up to their ears in this battle with continued growth and no flattening off. China is the only one that's number looks flattened but they apparently stopped reporting numbers so I would look at other nations for a sneak peak of what's to come timeline wise.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be something if we could go back to work sooner if we all just wore masks.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be something if we could go back to work sooner if we all just wore masks.
Sadly the science does not support this approach. Another false sense of security.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back