All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes let's blindly and ignorantly listen to the great and powerful government. They have never lead us down the wrong path before. Nowhere in any of the policy and mandate making have they revealed the real secret data from which they are making these decisions. Cost benefit analysis? No! Not needed! If we can extend one life! It's worth all the money. We can extend 100 people's lives? -sure, let's throw a billion dollars at it! The truth is this has become the great pandemic that never really materialized. There are virtually no excess deaths in Canada compared to other bad flu years. Show me the death data compared to other years. Borders closed, business closed, lock downs, school closures and the list goes on and on. None of these measures were ever discussed in respiratory pandemic planning by the very experts everyone is applauding. Dr Tam wrote a book on the subject not long ago. Read it, doubt she mentioned many of the policies enacted because science says they don't work. Bonnie Henry has flip flopped so many times it's laughable. You can try and defend this by saying Covid is novel! They have never seen it before! It's a respiratory virus from the Corona family for the love of sweet baby Jesus. It's been seen a large number of times and will be seen again. It isn't particularly unique or special. People die, that's what happens. 80 year olds especially. The world has gone soft as baby ****. Signed a 39 year old entitled millenial.
i am an orthopedic surgeon in the states.

I work at a regional 600 bed hospital in Everett. They have cancelled all elective cases this week including those for cancer, heart catheterizations and total joints. Why? Because the hospital is overflowing with patients literally dying form Covid. Almost all that are in the hospital are those who chose to not be vaccinated.

The compassion from this doctor, to those who choose to be unvaccinated, or who feel this is somehow made up, is wearing thin.

Covid is real. It injures and sometimes kills people. The vaccines are safe and effective for preventing serious disease.

HB

I work at a regional 600 bed hospital in Everett. They have cancelled all elective cases this week including those for cancer, heart catheterizations and total joints. Why? Because the hospital is overflowing with patients literally dying form Covid. Almost all that are in the hospital are those who chose to not be vaccinated.

The compassion from this doctor, to those who choose to be unvaccinated, or who feel this is somehow made up, is wearing thin.

Covid is real. It injures and sometimes kills people. The vaccines are safe and effective for preventing serious disease.

HB

Thanks for posting on here. I don't envy you guys right now.

HB
well said - I think some of the attitude up here relates to the fact that we haven't seen so much the overwhelmed hospitals unlike say **cough** Florida, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, NC etc etc. I think what isn't appreciated is our governments approach with restrictions and safety recommendations, and the majority of residents listening to science, instead of some Qanon door knob spinning data, is the reason for that. Isn't that the goal? Avoid having hospitals overwhelmed by covid patients so electives and regular treatments can continue?

Nowhere have I said that Covid is not real nor is it making people sick and in some cases they are dying.

I had Covid in February, tested positive at work. I did not get sick, nor did I feel sick, did my 14 day quarantine and back to work. My wife got quite sick, lost taste and smell for a couple months, both my kids 17 and 12 both had mild symptoms. So needless to say, I know all about Covid, researched the living **** out of it.

This is way I have spent so much time looking deeper into it.

Again, what this man is talking about is all proven stuff, all documented. People keep talking about the person that is bringing this information out, thats not relevant. Was is is what he is saying and talking about.

To each their own on the Covid subject

Cheers

The question should be. "Does posting on a fishing site conspiracy theories about covid-19 help or hurt my business reputation."
Actions may have unintended consequences.

Small sample sizes? Low prevalence of serious illness? Not sure what world you live in, do you know where Italy is and what happened there? Alberta cases over 1000 a day and rising, hospital’s overflowing with mainly unvaxxed patients. Surgeries canceled, cancer treatments canceled, healthcare people quitting due to burnout. Must be all bs, nothing to be concerned about all part of the government’s plan. Maybe you’d see the light if you pulled your head out from where it’s currently entrenched!

It's an extremely low prevalence of serious illness in people under 40 who are in good health. Yes you can handpick isolated cases of death/illness in younger demographic but the occurence of this is very unlikely. Italy? It's undisputed that different countries, areas, cultures, cities are impacted very differently in terms of spread, illness and infection fatality rates. Not comparing apples to apples. We live in Canada last time I checked? We don't have the same population density or cultural practices as Italy last time I checked? Should we be basing management decisons based on what goes on in Africa? Italy? Honduras? Or should be have management policy based on our unique country, density, etc.. I'm not saying the government has some plan or some conspiracy. I'm saying they have a history of mismanagement in most of their endeavors. Our ICU's prior to Covid often operated above 100% capacity. This is not debatable. Our public medical system is far from perfect, there are huge gaps in personnel, quality doctors, surgeons, bureaucratic inefficiences. This is not debatable. Where have I said that I am antivax anywhere? I'm not - I myself have the vaccine. The question is at what age does the vaccine become irrelevant? There's an intersection of benefit and risk at a certain age. Would you give blood pressure medicine to an 8 year old even if they didn't have any discernible risk? Kids are simply not impacted by Covid in any statistically relevant way. They are more at risk from a flu infection and they don't mandate that vaccine!

In regards to the Ortho above - how many of the patients in your hospital suffering from Covid 19 are morbidly obese, have type 2 Diabetes, or history of smoking? Maybe we should paint the entire picture if you're willing to divulge. Would they have lesser symptoms if they were more equipped to deal with all that life throws at them? If they were clogging 'pardon the pun' up ICU's due to cardiac arrests and stroke would that be more acceptable? I would imagine the prevalence of death would be much lower if the ELEPHANTS in the room lived a healthier lifestyle. Did they not know that being overweight increases your risk of death from all causes? I believe this includes respiratory virus. If the powers that be are so concerned about hospitals being overwhelmed maybe they should have mandated exercise and healthy lifestyles during the last 1.5 years. Could you imagine the blowback if they did that! Exercise passport- it's for your own good and the good of the healthcare system! Until you're under a certain BMI you can't participate in elective events, movies, sporting events concerts etc! Caliper testing at the gate to determine body fat percentage! Definitley no fast food! You can't allocate resources to only one health crisis and completely ignore the other! Or I guess you can, because that is what the people want.

What they are doing with the vaccine passport is a coercive tactic. It's divisive and terrible policy. You can still go to the grocery store and mingle with everyone but not a sporting event? You can still carry and pass the virus whilst vaccinated, but shhhh don't tell anyone. This is the same government that has implemented border closures, school closures, mask policies, regional travel restrictions, cohorts in elementary schools, banning flights from specific countries. All without having to show anyone any shred of data that the policies enacted do anything to mitigate the spread of Covid. It's all eyewash BS that only divides people.

Pick me apart, I'm interested to hear what people have to say including the good doctor above.

It's an extremely low prevalence of serious illness in people under 40 who are in good health. Yes you can handpick isolated cases of death/illness in younger demographic but the occurence of this is very unlikely. Italy? It's undisputed that different countries, areas, cultures, cities are impacted very differently in terms of spread, illness and infection fatality rates. Not comparing apples to apples. We live in Canada last time I checked? We don't have the same population density or cultural practices as Italy last time I checked? Should we be basing management decisons based on what goes on in Africa? Italy? Honduras? Or should be have management policy based on our unique country, density, etc.. I'm not saying the government has some plan or some conspiracy. I'm saying they have a history of mismanagement in most of their endeavors. Our ICU's prior to Covid often operated above 100% capacity. This is not debatable. Our public medical system is far from perfect, there are huge gaps in personnel, quality doctors, surgeons, bureaucratic inefficiences. This is not debatable. Where have I said that I am antivax anywhere? I'm not - I myself have the vaccine. The question is at what age does the vaccine become irrelevant? There's an intersection of benefit and risk at a certain age. Would you give blood pressure medicine to an 8 year old even if they didn't have any discernible risk? Kids are simply not impacted by Covid in any statistically relevant way. They are more at risk from a flu infection and they don't mandate that vaccine!

In regards to the Ortho above - how many of the patients in your hospital suffering from Covid 19 are morbidly obese, have type 2 Diabetes, or history of smoking? Maybe we should paint the entire picture if you're willing to divulge. Would they have lesser symptoms if they were more equipped to deal with all that life throws at them? If they were clogging 'pardon the pun' up ICU's due to cardiac arrests and stroke would that be more acceptable? I would imagine the prevalence of death would be much lower if the ELEPHANTS in the room lived a healthier lifestyle. Did they not know that being overweight increases your risk of death from all causes? I believe this includes respiratory virus. If the powers that be are so concerned about hospitals being overwhelmed maybe they should have mandated exercise and healthy lifestyles during the last 1.5 years. Could you imagine the blowback if they did that! Exercise passport- it's for your own good and the good of the healthcare system! Until you're under a certain BMI you can't participate in elective events, movies, sporting events concerts etc! Caliper testing at the gate to determine body fat percentage! Definitley no fast food! You can't allocate resources to only one health crisis and completely ignore the other! Or I guess you can, because that is what the people want.

What they are doing with the vaccine passport is a coercive tactic. It's divisive and terrible policy. You can still go to the grocery store and mingle with everyone but not a sporting event? You can still carry and pass the virus whilst vaccinated, but shhhh don't tell anyone. This is the same government that has implemented border closures, school closures, mask policies, regional travel restrictions, cohorts in elementary schools, banning flights from specific countries. All without having to show anyone any shred of data that the policies enacted do anything to mitigate the spread of Covid. It's all eyewash BS that only divides people.

Pick me apart, I'm interested to hear what people have to say including the good doctor above.
I’m not here to pick you apart, but the one difference from all the diseases you’ve listed is that those can’t be passed along to others. Like c’mon man, you can’t be that dense

We have a very high vaccination rate….

kids under 12 don’t need a vaccine card does that mean they are not at risk or S risk?

teachers don’t need to be vaccinated despite that study where a teach infections the first two rows of students.

seems very inconsistent in application

Last edited:
The question should be. "Does posting on a fishing site conspiracy theories about covid-19 help or hurt my business reputation."
Actions may have unintended consequences.
What's the conspiracy?

Again, these are facts, emails between people, government documents, not made up stuff.

What's the conspiracy?

Again, these are facts, emails between people, government documents, not made up stuff.
Show me one peer reviewed study that shows the mRNA vaccine alters your DNA. I could make a video saying that 18 beers a day is good for you, are you going to believe me? I don’t have a doctorate in theology or cheese appreciation unfortunately

The fact you got any like on your post scares me to be honest.

How come vaccines are not mandatory for nurses you would think they would step up to the plate and Leed by example

covid agenda

How come vaccines are not mandatory for nurses you would think they would step up to the plate and Leed by example

covid agenda
Alberta…all healthcare workers have to be fully vaccinated by October 31st
Quebec, October 15th

covid agenda
They are now in some provinces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back