All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balance of rights​

Jessica Eisen, a University of Alberta law professor specializing in human rights, said the commission's decisions are understandable based on the Alberta Human Rights Act.

According to the decisions, the companies showed they were responding in good faith to the seriousness of the pandemic, she said.

"They presented lots of evidence to the effect that there was a really good reason for these policies — they were needed to protect their employees and to protect the other customers in the stores," she said.

Eisen said human rights laws are based on balance.

"I think a lot of people are under the misconception that human rights acts and codes generally protect people's right to do whatever they want in all circumstances," Eisen said. "In fact, human rights laws are designed to protect fundamental interests in a range of circumstances."

Discrimination on the basis of race, religion and disability are covered in human rights legislation, but in these cases, businesses showed they were trying to do the right thing in protecting people's health while providing options to customers, she said.

Heard immunity will kick in, just has to run its course though unvaccinated and burn itself out.

I have a coworker for India, he was telling me how there is very few cases now in deli, they think that 80-90% of the population got exposed to covid.
This is looking more and more unlikely with delta and further variants to come. Already some experts have come out and said herd immunity is no longer possible with this virus as it will continue to mutate mostly in countries with little to no vaccine uptake. We’ll also eventually have a variant that will be resistant to the current vaccines. This virus unfortunately isn’t going anywhere for years.

oh I was not questioning the efficacy of the vaccine it’s highly effective.

I just think it’s getting old that a year and half into this were back to bend the curve so the hospitals don’t get over run.
You're expressing what everyone else is feeling: "I'm tired of this pandemic." Doesn't make the danger of hospital overrun any less real.

E-JCFYgXoA460jI

The effect of medical staff burnout is growing and is a significant problem.

Every medical staffer that leaves or cuts their hours in order to practice the most rudimentary level of self care (taking a break) adds a greater burden on the remaining staff members

Of course their decision adds a further psychological burden on them, knowing that they are leaving their patients and coworkers in dire circumstances.

Adding to these problems Sexually Transmitted diseases are on the rise

Coming as no surprise there are mental health issues that arise as a side effect to STD infections.

E-JSgPxVEAIzg8_

E-KiK-GXsAEMxrE

E-Kl_rLWQAQ78X9

I guess that answers the question about whether or not @Rain City’s friend was Vaxxed or not.
This graph is absolute 100% proof that getting the jabs is the best thing to do.
Any anti vaxxers wanna take a run at this one??
They haven't got the time, as they are busily phoning vets trying to get Ivermectin before the other amateur virologists buy it all up.

Ivermectin sells out at feed stores on Vancouver Island due to false claims that it can treat COVID-19​

September 1, 2021

A false claim circulating online and spread throughout North America about a horse dewormer — called Ivermectin — has reached Vancouver Island.

In fact, so many people have bought into the dangerous myth about ivermectin being an alternative to COVID-19 vaccination that the product has completely disappeared from store shelves on Vancouver Island.

“That medicine isn’t available for animals because people are taking it without any basis for doing so whatsoever, responding to fake news and phony information. So it’s the animals that are suffering,” said Kelvin McCullough. Buckerfield’s chief executive officer.

Buckerfield’s operates feed stores across Vancouver Island and throughout B.C., and McCullough says the false claims about ivermectin being a cure for COVID have been going on for months.

“Store staff overheard commentaries about people making claims that it was in use in Saskatchewan and it was generally accepted as medication for COVID,” he said.

According to McCullough, workers said it started with people coming in one by one, to buy the product and then it grew. Demand is now at the point where staff explicitly ask the customer what they intend to use it and will decline to sell it if they don’t believe the story.

“Ivermectin is for a worm parasite. It is not for human viruses and I would consider it foolish and dangerous to be taking ivermectin,” said McCullough.

According to the BC Centre for Disease Control, between March 1 and Aug. 30, 2021, nine cases were reported to B.C.’s Drug and Poison Information Centre of people who ingested Ivermectin and became sick after taking it.

Health Canada on Tuesday issued a statement warning Canadians not to consume either the veterinary or human drug versions of ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19.

“There is no evidence that ivermectin in either formulation is safe or effective when used for those purposes. The human version of ivermectin is authorized for sale in Canada only for the treatment of parasitic worm infections in people,” Health Canada said in a bulletin posted on its website Tuesday.

Health Canada says the veterinary version of ivermectin, particularly at high doses, can be dangerous for humans and may cause serious health problems that include vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure, seizures, and even death, among other things.

Demand for the livestock product in the United States has become so high that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration has issued a similar warning. It comes as a poison control hotline in Alabama says it has received 24 calls about possible poisoning with ivermectin, of which, 15 were related to COVID-19.

Canadian doctors say they are shocked that the false claims have spread here.

“It’s becoming increasingly astonishing to us that patients are actually requesting this treatment from us, even though there’s no human benefit,” said Dr. Michael Chatenay a Surgeon at the Grey Nuns Hospital in Edmonton.

https://www.cheknews.ca/ivermectin-...lse-claims-that-it-can-treat-covid-19-876011/

Ivermectin sells out at feed stores on Vancouver Island due to false claims that it can treat COVID-19​

September 1, 2021

A false claim circulating online and spread throughout North America about a horse dewormer — called Ivermectin — has reached Vancouver Island.

In fact, so many people have bought into the dangerous myth about ivermectin being an alternative to COVID-19 vaccination that the product has completely disappeared from store shelves on Vancouver Island.

“That medicine isn’t available for animals because people are taking it without any basis for doing so whatsoever, responding to fake news and phony information. So it’s the animals that are suffering,” said Kelvin McCullough. Buckerfield’s chief executive officer.

Buckerfield’s operates feed stores across Vancouver Island and throughout B.C., and McCullough says the false claims about ivermectin being a cure for COVID have been going on for months.

“Store staff overheard commentaries about people making claims that it was in use in Saskatchewan and it was generally accepted as medication for COVID,” he said.

According to McCullough, workers said it started with people coming in one by one, to buy the product and then it grew. Demand is now at the point where staff explicitly ask the customer what they intend to use it and will decline to sell it if they don’t believe the story.

“Ivermectin is for a worm parasite. It is not for human viruses and I would consider it foolish and dangerous to be taking ivermectin,” said McCullough.

According to the BC Centre for Disease Control, between March 1 and Aug. 30, 2021, nine cases were reported to B.C.’s Drug and Poison Information Centre of people who ingested Ivermectin and became sick after taking it.

Health Canada on Tuesday issued a statement warning Canadians not to consume either the veterinary or human drug versions of ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19.

“There is no evidence that ivermectin in either formulation is safe or effective when used for those purposes. The human version of ivermectin is authorized for sale in Canada only for the treatment of parasitic worm infections in people,” Health Canada said in a bulletin posted on its website Tuesday.

Health Canada says the veterinary version of ivermectin, particularly at high doses, can be dangerous for humans and may cause serious health problems that include vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure, seizures, and even death, among other things.

Demand for the livestock product in the United States has become so high that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration has issued a similar warning. It comes as a poison control hotline in Alabama says it has received 24 calls about possible poisoning with ivermectin, of which, 15 were related to COVID-19.

Canadian doctors say they are shocked that the false claims have spread here.

“It’s becoming increasingly astonishing to us that patients are actually requesting this treatment from us, even though there’s no human benefit,” said Dr. Michael Chatenay a Surgeon at the Grey Nuns Hospital in Edmonton.

https://www.cheknews.ca/ivermectin-...lse-claims-that-it-can-treat-covid-19-876011/

unreal

Folks, please take a moment to read the oxford study regarding "Impact of Delta on viral burden with double doses". I am not posting this as a means to discredit vaccines. In fact the study states the effectiveness of severe outcomes which is hard for anyone to argue. So do not call me an antivaxer or make this about picking sides.

One has to wonder why the government & media don't report on such scientific findings......... The rest of the world reported on it & other governments are using it to form future policy that will actual reflect the changing conditions.

So after you read the data & see that vaccinated people carry the same viral load as unvaccinated people you need to ask yourselfs the following questions.

* What will vaccine passports accomplish if asymptomatic viral transmission is the same in a Vaccinated individual? We are told passports are to prevent transmission & restrict spread..?.. Look to Israel or the UK to see the volume of breakthrough infections. Its a massive amount of cases, & luckily the vaccines are reducing severe outcomes. But they are minimally reducing the transmission of the virus.

* The case for vaccinating kids under 12 has been to stop viral transmission in the cohort & achieve heard immunity.... Well we know now that vaccinating little kids will have no effect on transmission. As far as sever outcomes go, its extremely rare. The burden on the healthcare system by kids with covid is almost to small to measure. Nut allergies or playground accidents are a bigger threat to kids.

Government policy should use the latest science & not be political. Policy should evolve as new data emerges. Claiming that an unvaccinated person is a "Greater" threat to you is rubbish. All this does is create more divide in an already divided nation. When Trudeau waited until the election to announce mandatory vaccines for all federal workers & canadians could no longer fly on a plane or take a train without a vaccine, it was all politics. Its a distraction to divide people & distract people from an important election. All people talk about now is vaccines & passports & not the issues facing the country in this election. Instead folks have picked a side & are fighting with each other. If we got along we would start focusing on our governments.

I am double vacxd & would do it again in heart beat. I support Vaccines & have been working hard trying to change the hearts & minds of people to get the shot. Over 1/2 the folks i talk to who refuse to get vaccinated are doing so because they feel like its the "Woke Mob" who is pushing it on them. They are feed up with the "woke" mentality & object for that single reason... This has been a huge surprise to me. Regardless of our thoughts to this, it needs to be acknowledged & recognize that forcing them into a corner or making anyone pick a side will not help.

Am i pissed at the position we are in & angry with peoples choices... Yes of course.. But that's a democracy..

I hope this post causes some positive discussions. Its important we all have them.

Attachments

• Oxford Vaccine Viral Burden.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
LONDON — Achieving herd immunity with Covid vaccines when the highly infectious delta variant is spreading is “not a possibility,” a leading epidemiologist said.

Experts agree on several reasons why such a goal — where overall immunity in a population is reached and the spread of the virus is stopped — is not likely.

Sir Andrew Pollard, head of the Oxford Vaccine Group, told British lawmakers Tuesday that as Covid vaccines did not stop the spread of the virus entirely — with vaccinated people still able to be infected and transmit the virus — the idea of achieving herd immunity was “mythical.”

Folks, please take a moment to read the oxford study regarding "Impact of Delta on viral burden with double doses". I am not posting this as a means to discredit vaccines. In fact the study states the effectiveness of severe outcomes which is hard for anyone to argue. So do not call me an antivaxer or make this about picking sides.

One has to wonder why the government & media don't report on such scientific findings......... The rest of the world reported on it & other governments are using it to form future policy that will actual reflect the changing conditions.

So after you read the data & see that vaccinated people carry the same viral load as unvaccinated people you need to ask yourselfs the following questions.

* What will vaccine passports accomplish if asymptomatic viral transmission is the same in a Vaccinated individual? We are told passports are to prevent transmission & restrict spread..?.. Look to Israel or the UK to see the volume of breakthrough infections. Its a massive amount of cases, & luckily the vaccines are reducing severe outcomes. But they are minimally reducing the transmission of the virus.

* The case for vaccinating kids under 12 has been to stop viral transmission in the cohort & achieve heard immunity.... Well we know now that vaccinating little kids will have no effect on transmission. As far as sever outcomes go, its extremely rare. The burden on the healthcare system by kids with covid is almost to small to measure. Nut allergies or playground accidents are a bigger threat to kids.

Government policy should use the latest science & not be political. Policy should evolve as new data emerges. Claiming that an unvaccinated person is a "Greater" threat to you is rubbish. All this does is create more divide in an already divided nation. When Trudeau waited until the election to announce mandatory vaccines for all federal workers & canadians could no longer fly on a plane or take a train without a vaccine, it was all politics. Its a distraction to divide people & distract people from an important election. All people talk about now is vaccines & passports & not the issues facing the country in this election. Instead folks have picked a side & are fighting with each other. If we got along we would start focusing on our governments.

I am double vacxd & would do it again in heart beat. I support Vaccines & have been working hard trying to change the hearts & minds of people to get the shot. Over 1/2 the folks i talk to who refuse to get vaccinated are doing so because they feel like its the "Woke Mob" who is pushing it on them. They are feed up with the "woke" mentality & object for that single reason... This has been a huge surprise to me. Regardless of our thoughts to this, it needs to be acknowledged & recognize that forcing them into a corner or making anyone pick a side will not help.

Am i pissed at the position we are in & angry with peoples choices... Yes of course.. But that's a democracy..

I hope this post causes some positive discussions. Its important we all have them.

Another way to potentially think about is that the unvaccinated people that go to the events are super likely to get Covid 19 and then end up in hospital at all of our expense. If they are prevented from going they are then potentially delayed getting covid and thus keeping our healthcare systems from taking a further beating.

There is nothing woke about the vaccine. Social Media/the Internet is just causing mind rot. Critical thinking is really taking a beating, people not getting vaccines because they think its the liberal woke people forcing them.... This **** just makes me want to go live in the woods away from all the nutters on the so called left and so called right.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back