All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people freaking out about cars parked close together? As long as the occupants aren't playing Twister who cares?

I propose a simple plan to the fed gov and it costs them absolutely nothing but gets them votes at next election. Not a single penny spent on my bailout plan. Whay a concept!!!!

It's a bailout for the recreational fishing sector. Trash the non rentention plan for Apr 1st. Would be a nice glimmer of hope during ****** times.

But that would mean they have to admit they were wrong and we were right with regards to the fish we are catching are not the species of concern and this has been political circus act all along so unfortunately that would never happen. But it's a nice dream to have.

Of course it's not their top priority. It has never been a priority even during the best of times so why would it be now? It was not a serious post. Just some light hearted bantering and tongue and cheek to try to lighten the mood and the serious state of affairs we are currently in. Not too much to smile about considering the state we are in with regards to this virus, the havock on the economy, lost jobs, everything closing down, and the uncertainty as to what happens next and what we do next to get back to normal.

Pretty simple, they have our SIN numbers and addresses. Send $1,000 every 2 WK’s to all that made less than 60,000 on their T4 for 2018. They’re the ones that need help. Sorry for those that made more or maybe a scale backwards for higher earners.

Pretty simple, they have our SIN numbers and addresses. Send $1,000 every 2 WK’s to all that made less than 60,000 on their T4 for 2018. They’re the ones that need help. Sorry for those that made more or maybe a scale backwards for higher earners.

Gov't would never send any of us money without jumping through hoops.
It will mean spending a lot of time on the service Canada website

I didn’t know we had that much gear in the whole country. Sweet!

Unfortunately our military only has enough in the budget for 3 rounds of ammunition for each weapon. After that they point the weapons in hopes that the enemy believes its loaded. When force comes to shove and they must pull the trigger, all that is heard is... Click.. Click.. Click...

Thank goodness our membership at the club UNITED Nations hasn't expired.

I Took the Crane to Tofino today with some commercial roofing (torch on) , the site i was at is scrambling to get a vapour barrier on the roof before a possible shutdown. I Think it is time for the government to narrow down what is considered an essential service and have everyone else stay at home.. Construction companies on the mainland have been shutting down time for the island to follow suit.. sooner we all stay home the sooner we can all get back to work. I am really close to refusing work to protect my family... Sad it has to come
To that.

Possible COVID-19 exposure at pub, personal services establishments in downtown Victoria
MARCH 24, 2020
Victoria – Island Health is notifying people who attended the

Sticky Wicket Bar & Restaurant in Victoria between March 5 and 15,
Foxy Box on March 16,
BF Beautee on March 11
and
The Fix Healthcare on March 14 and 16
about possible exposures to COVID-19.

We advise people who attended the above locations on the dates mentioned need to monitor themselves closely for symptoms including:

• Coughing
  • Sneezing
  • Fever
  • Sore throat
  • Difficulty breathing
Anyone experiencing these symptoms should self-isolate for 10 days following symptom onset. The BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool website and Support App will also help determine if you need further assessment or testing, available at https://bc.thrive.health/.

You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to. More information on testing and self-isolation is available at http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing-isolation.

Island Health’s Medical Health Officers say people must practice social and physical distancing at all times; this is not optional. This applies to everyone, regardless of age or health status.

Social and physical distancing means limiting close contact from others by staying 2 metres away from others outside our homes, using virtual options to connect with others, limiting shopping to only essential outings, avoiding large gatherings, and staying home if you are sick. Island Health emphasizes that local transmission is occurring across the Island Health region, and advising people to assume there are cases in every community.

Island Health is reminding people that the Provincial Health Officer has ordered all personal service establishments to close until further notice, and has ordered all restaurants to move to take-out or delivery model or close.

Learn more: https://www.islandhealth.ca/news/news-releases/avoid-social-gatherings-slow-spread-covid-19

You can also find information at https://www.islandhealth.ca/covid19.

And for the people in the Comox Valley, taken from Facebook.

Brandon MooretoComox Valley Emergency Preparedness (Coronavirus/COVID-19)
3 hrs

Just donated Cloverdale paints stock of N95 masks to the comox hospital only to be told that they Just had there stock stolen! Please if you are a local business in the comox valley and have N95 masks for sale in fully sealed cases! please donate them to our local hospital as our healthcare workers on the frontlines desperately need and deserve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back