All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season's not over, but I agree, you could hardly write a worse beginning. If they catch up and start doing well I won't pretend otherwise; I set my criteria for judgement at the beginning, I didn't tailor my requirements to find things they sucked at.

If we end up being better than the G20 average, then our system, including the present administration, is above average at handling a crisis of this nature.

If we end up in the top five among G20 nations - I mean comparing us to the Seychelles is kind of meaningless - then I'd say we're pretty good.

If we end up somewhere at the bottom of the G20, that's a clear indicator that our present system and its leaders are bad at handling this kind of crisis.

None of that is partisan; it's a straight up "can you get a vaccination campaign going better or worse than other nations" metric and I don't even know how else you'd measure it than by comparing them to other nations as they're doing it.

I mean if they give you a pop quiz in school and you get a D, I don't think you get to say "but the thing is I'm actually quite good at that test, I just didn't have a calculator because my parents never bought me one so my mark on the test is not representative of how good I am at that test."

The test is the test and your mark is your mark. Maybe things will turn around for this country; I hope they do. It would be nice to be competitive against Slovenia, or something, at least. But the criticism so far is pretty warranted - Canada didn't retain its position in the standings, we dropped and dropped and dropped, which is an indication that the problems we're having are not global in nature, they're affecting us, specifically. It's not going well yet and it's easy to do the comparisons against other countries because the numbers are public.

Sure hope to see some changes.

Not over yet just a ****** start, i've given the government to the end of march to see where we are at. Since the end of march is the governments timeline for supposedly catching up and being on track.
I’m not gonna hold my breath. I usually have a positive outlook and I’m not a conspiracy theorist or a rumour monger and don’t want to come across as one, but I can’t get it out of my head that one of these variants could throw a f#*k into the whole thing.

Season's not over, but I agree, you could hardly write a worse beginning. If they catch up and start doing well I won't pretend otherwise; I set my criteria for judgement at the beginning, I didn't tailor my requirements to find things they sucked at.

If we end up being better than the G20 average, then our system, including the present administration, is above average at handling a crisis of this nature.

If we end up in the top five among G20 nations - I mean comparing us to the Seychelles is kind of meaningless - then I'd say we're pretty good.

If we end up somewhere at the bottom of the G20, that's a clear indicator that our present system and its leaders are bad at handling this kind of crisis.

None of that is partisan; it's a straight up "can you get a vaccination campaign going better or worse than other nations" metric and I don't even know how else you'd measure it than by comparing them to other nations as they're doing it.

I mean if they give you a pop quiz in school and you get a D, I don't think you get to say "but the thing is I'm actually quite good at that test, I just didn't have a calculator because my parents never bought me one so my mark on the test is not representative of how good I am at that test."

The test is the test and your mark is your mark. Maybe things will turn around for this country; I hope they do. It would be nice to be competitive against Slovenia, or something, at least. But the criticism so far is pretty warranted - Canada didn't retain its position in the standings, we dropped and dropped and dropped, which is an indication that the problems we're having are not global in nature, they're affecting us, specifically. It's not going well yet and it's easy to do the comparisons against other countries because the numbers are public.

Sure hope to see some changes.
I was wondering if you would start posting a G-20 ranking but thought you might not know the best way to do it.
Here is a link if you want to start one that will get you going.
G20 Vaccine rollout

It will produce a chart that you can download and post here that looks like this.

Attachments

• coronavirus-data-explorer (1).png
    coronavirus-data-explorer (1).png
    786.9 KB · Views: 36
I was wondering if you would start posting a G-20 ranking but thought you might not know the best way to do it.
Here is a link if you want to start one that will get you going.
G20 Vaccine rollout

It will produce a chart that you can download and post here that looks like this.
No, I just hadn't bothered to look through the list and eliminate the small countries. I'm usually doing it in a couple of spare minutes at work.

This could be BIG news!
It’s now estimated that once in your body for two weeks, the Pfizer vaccine is over 90% effective with just one dose!
You know combined with the fact that most people are staying pretty far from each other at the moment anyway, two weeks to 90% is pretty easy to work with, too.

I know the Oxford one had better results after one shot than after two, presumably because the load on the immune system trying to cope with the vaccine left some people vulnerable to actual infection while they recuperated.

It wouldn't be that surprising to me if a single shot and a bit of time does a pretty good job with any of the vaccines.

Nice to get some good news on this for once!

617 new cases today and 4 additional deaths which is pretty disappointing as I felt we were trending in the right direction. I guess Chinese New Years, Valentine's Day and more likely Super Bowl Sunday showed it's ugly colours.
Watched new neighbours move in and on the 14th about 15 family and friends showed up with their flowers, no masks, no social distancing. You would think people would get it by now but who am I kidding. Unfortunately that's the consequences.

617 new cases today and 4 additional deaths which is pretty disappointing as I felt we were trending in the right direction. I guess Chinese New Years, Valentine's Day and more likely Super Bowl Sunday showed it's ugly colours.
Watched new neighbours move in and on the 14th about 15 family and friends showed up with their flowers, no masks, no social distancing. You would think people would get it by now but who am I kidding. Unfortunately that's the consequences.
Unfortunately it’s never gonna happen. Too many conspiracy theorists and anti government types running around thinking they know better than medical professionals

Well we've been averaging 400 and change and dropped to 300 and change over the long weekend which to me just looks like a bit of a backlog n testing showing up. We'll see if it continues.

Totally agree. Thinking best course of action for me is to sell my Burnaby home, get the hell off the mainland, move to the Island where I see a ton of common sense. Buy some acreage with a large boat shed for my brand new boat I would be purchasing. Get 2 dogs and a recreational property in Barclay Sound and just keep on fishing. Would be going alone unfortunately. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back