All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe a well released timing to further the plan. Because everyone locked down and dependant on Gov handouts is what really must happen. Why not lifting, happy, invigorating nightly reports about the majority of people who have recovered? Worst is yet to come, bets?

You are right the worst is yet to come...if we let it. The daily drivel we are bombarded with on MSM justifying lockdowns, masks, quarantines, etc is getting pretty stale. It is propaganda. Science and facts is what we were told to heed and believe last March. Well, check the science now, a year later, do some research and you will find that many reputable doctors, worldwide, are disputing masking, gathering and the severity of this corona virus.

I don't argue that covid19 is not real. It most likely is real but it also is no more deadly than the common flu. Death rates in 2020 were similar to the past several years. The only difference is that this year they are being labelled due to covid19 (covid related). Traditionally theses deaths were related to the flu, heart disease, diabetes and many other diseases that the elderly are subject to. This year all deaths seem to be labelled covid.

I do take issue with labelling this thing a "pandemic". Its not even close, other than a pandemic of people not looking past the end of their muzzle.
First wave, second wave and now Dr Bonney is threatening us with the third wave if we fail to toe the line and muzzle up. Our country is going straight to hell with Trudeau and his stable of stupid. Massive debt, too many businesses now out of business, a nation of depressed people. How long will the madness continue? As long as we let it. The worst is yet to come if we don't all wake up soon.

This is a covid thread so better not get in to how our country was sold out while we all got sidetracked with a phony virus.
ps: There is a movie called 'The 5th Wave', I think on Netflix ...

Science isnt real but watch this alien invasion movie?

Meanwhile, back on earth, the UK is making some pretty good headway in their vaccine rollout:

Photo: The Canadian Press
The Canadian Press - Feb 14, 2021 6:51 am
The U.K. government said Sunday that it reached its goal of giving at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot to the most vulnerable people in the country, increasing pressure on ministers to clarify when they will ease a lockdown imposed in early January.
Some 15 million people, or 22% of the U.K. population, have received their first shot or were offered one. The figure includes most people in the government's top four priority groups, including everyone over 75, frontline healthcare workers and nursing home staff.
"15,000,000! Amazing team,'' Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister, said in a tweet that featured a red heart. "We will not rest till we offer the vaccine to the whole of phase1 the 1-9 categories of the most vulnerable & all over 50s by end April and then all adults.''
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson plans to unveil his roadmap for easing restrictions on Feb. 22 amid signs that infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths have fallen sharply since England's third national lockdown began on Jan. 4.
Jockeying has already begun between those who want the measures lifted as soon as possible and those who fear moving too fast will lead to a resurgence of the virus

Last edited:
You are right the worst is yet to come...if we let it. The daily drivel we are bombarded with on MSM justifying lockdowns, masks, quarantines, etc is getting pretty stale. It is propaganda. Science and facts is what we were told to heed and believe last March. Well, check the science now, a year later, do some research and you will find that many reputable doctors, worldwide, are disputing masking, gathering and the severity of this corona virus.

I don't argue that covid19 is not real. It most likely is real but it also is no more deadly than the common flu. Death rates in 2020 were similar to the past several years. The only difference is that this year they are being labelled due to covid19 (covid related). Traditionally theses deaths were related to the flu, heart disease, diabetes and many other diseases that the elderly are subject to. This year all deaths seem to be labelled covid.

I do take issue with labelling this thing a "pandemic". Its not even close, other than a pandemic of people not looking past the end of their muzzle.
First wave, second wave and now Dr Bonney is threatening us with the third wave if we fail to toe the line and muzzle up. Our country is going straight to hell with Trudeau and his stable of stupid. Massive debt, too many businesses now out of business, a nation of depressed people. How long will the madness continue? As long as we let it. The worst is yet to come if we don't all wake up soon.

This is a covid thread so better not get in to how our country was sold out while we all got sidetracked with a phony virus.
ps: There is a movie called 'The 5th Wave', I think on Netflix ...

Is it any wonder why our friends from the east want to come here at this time, can't say I blame them but it's just not the right time for non-essential travel. These covid variantes need to be taken seriously. On Friday the numbers were released on how widespread they are. Here in BC it is 1 case per thousand and Alberta it is 30 cases per thousand of the tests that were positive.

EuMPVUaVIAMxBup

Last edited:

Trudeau begs for vaccine to save political hide​

"This week, our prime minister, Justin Trudeau, begged India to give us COVID vaccines.

Liberal backbencher Dr. Marcus Powlowski (Thunder Bay-Rainy River), a medical doctor who used to work with the World Health Organization, recently wrote to colleagues, “It is hard to have faith. It is hard now to accept reassurances that we are prepared, that we are doing all of the right things, when we can never, ever get any specifics.”

So, the first thing wrong with the PM’s cadging to Delhi is that it is probably driven mostly by panic and politics.

The second problem is that India’s vaccine production is supposed to be for domestic use by its own 1.3 billion people or by the developing world. Does Trudeau’s plea to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi therefore mark the second time in as many weeks that the Trudeau government has tried to steal vials from poor countries just to save its electoral hide back home?"

Trudeau begs for vaccine to save political hide​

"This week, our prime minister, Justin Trudeau, begged India to give us COVID vaccines.

Liberal backbencher Dr. Marcus Powlowski (Thunder Bay-Rainy River), a medical doctor who used to work with the World Health Organization, recently wrote to colleagues, “It is hard to have faith. It is hard now to accept reassurances that we are prepared, that we are doing all of the right things, when we can never, ever get any specifics.”

So, the first thing wrong with the PM’s cadging to Delhi is that it is probably driven mostly by panic and politics.

The second problem is that India’s vaccine production is supposed to be for domestic use by its own 1.3 billion people or by the developing world. Does Trudeau’s plea to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi therefore mark the second time in as many weeks that the Trudeau government has tried to steal vials from poor countries just to save its electoral hide back home?"

What an embarrassment for our nation. You seriously have to bring into question the intelligence of people that back and vote for such an incompetent person.

If life were a poker game there will always be fellas that bet on a pair of deuces thinking their holding a winning hand.

Looking at the map GLG posted , can anyone on here that explain why places like Florida and Texas with zero restrictions or lockdowns is in a better position than Alberta (which just lifted large restrictions)or over half of North America? They are holding sports events and partying like crazy down there and the deaths per 100k is barely higher than California which has essentially bankrupted 75% of its restaurants and shut everything down for months due to insane rules and lockdowns. As of Feb 15 . Texas 143 deaths per 100k people, Florida 134 deaths per 100k people and California is sitting at 119. The thing about Florida is it also the second oldest state, meaning age of residents which should mean more deaths but the numbers don’t show that. Am I missing something here?

Looking at the map GLG posted , can anyone on here that explain why places like Florida and Texas with zero restrictions or lockdowns is in a better position than Alberta (which just lifted large restrictions)or over half of North America? They are holding sports events and partying like crazy down there and the deaths per 100k is barely higher than California which has essentially bankrupted 75% of its restaurants and shut everything down for months due to insane rules and lockdowns. As of Feb 15 . Texas 143 deaths per 100k people, Florida 134 deaths per 100k people and California is sitting at 119. The thing about Florida is it also the second oldest state, meaning age of residents which should mean more deaths but the numbers don’t show that. Am I missing something here?

Because lockdowns don't impact the trajectory of the virus. This has been what many have had issues with. Blanket restrictions are the biggest joke. Tsawwassen Mills today people crammed in like sardines yet hockey games are off limits, kids sports are cancelled, no people in your house, travel restrictions etc. But don't question any of it or risk being cancelled.

The only type of lockdown that actually works is the type that is impossible to sustain. The one where you can't actually leave your house for any reason whatsoever. Unfortunately essential work must continue and we don't grow food in our houses... therefore it's all pointless.

The only type of lockdown that actually works is the type that is impossible to sustain. The one where you can't actually leave your house for any reason whatsoever. Unfortunately essential work must continue and we don't grow food in our houses... therefore it's all pointless.
I’m with you. I was hoping for an answer from a pro lockdown person though. There’s been a few vocal ones. Florida has zero restrictions, a high population in a fairly small area and more than half the United States have more cases then they do. Texas has a few covid rules but nothing like other places and they are doing alright as well compared to others. So what is it? The proof is right there in the numbers is it not? I don’t want to get into politics but does anyone else think its a little strange that just two weeks after the election California and NY, the two states with the most insane lockdowns in North America , that crippled the residents and bankrupted who knows how many people and businesses all of a sudden started talking about “opening up”. Weird timing.

Last edited:
I’m with you. I was hoping for an answer from a pro lockdown person though. There’s been a few vocal ones. Florida has zero restrictions, a high population in a fairly small area and more than half the United States have more cases then they do. Texas has a few covid rules but nothing like other places and they are doing alright as well compared to others. So what is it? The proof is right there in the numbers is it not? I don’t want to get into politics but does anyone else think its a little strange that just two weeks after the election California and NY, the two states with the most insane lockdowns in North America , that crippled the residents and bankrupted who knows how many people and businesses all of a sudden started talking about “opening up”. Weird timing.
Good point. But you should check out New Zealand and Australia’s numbers. Super tight restrictions and immediate lock down on areas where there is a positive test. They’re doing above average. Unlike say.....USA up until a couple weeks or so ago.

Last edited:
And I’m trying to keep it apolitical but anything coming out of the states right now I tend to take with a grain of salt. Isn’t the Governor of Florida strong pro trump/anti covid. Texas guv is too.

Where do you expect we be would with Covid in BC if we followed your belief "therefore it's all pointless." and did nothing?
I believe we in BC have done an excellent job balancing between a total shutdown and totally opening and letting the virus go unchecked.
Our biggest problem are the people who fail to follow the rules that are in effect!

My point is I don’t take any numbers from the entire United States at face value and am especially wary of states run by the most anti covid Governors. Is that politically correct enough for you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back