All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I’ve seen a lot of Lysol wipes on the store shelves lately. I guess the demand for wiping everything has gradually gone down.
The wife and I are still going to keep up on the hand sanitizers and the like. The couple times we’ve had to go to a larger center we change our clothes as soon as we get home. We clean and sanitize grocery carts, sanitize hands after using an ATM machine when still at the till. I’m not going to let up on it just yet. I know one thing, this is the longest I’ve went without a cold, it’s been over a year now so if nothing else it’s helping with that.
At work we are fanatic about disinfecting our work area, all phones, key boards, pens, chairs are wiped down with Lysol wipes at the end of each shift, all door handles coming in and out of the office are wiped down multiple time a a day. I don’t know, it’s worked for us so far, we are occurrence free around our work site. We aren’t going to change anything there either.

You’re doing the right thing. We’re following the same protocols at home and work and are minimizing our visits to crowded places.
Any lives lost to this virus after this, would be more painful and harder to justify. Now that the vaccine is here, keep the guards up until we’re out of this damn thing.

Total vaccine received ~62,069 so far, BC has vaccinated 59,902 not including today. We should be getting more shipments Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

ErfWF9CU0AAXm08

ErfWtuZVQAA236r

https://twitter.com/trevortombe

Little help... what is the current covid regulation about having a finishing partner?

Last edited:
Encouraging new case totals in BC yesterday with key metrics all heading in the right direction. If there is to be a surge in cases from the holidays, we should be seeing it by now.

New cases: 1475 over 3 days - rolling average now down to 500
Active cases: 5220 (remember we were over 10,000 as recently as Dec 12)
In hospital: 358
In ICU: 78

Looks like people mostly followed the call to avoid the usual holiday gatherings. Thanks BC, keep it going. Everyone mostly stays home in January anyway, right?

In a month not noted for cheery positive outlook, there is much to be encouraged about for British Columbians this month and looking forward. Infection metrics are trending downward and the vaccination system is established and now capable of rapidly distributing the doses being sent to us. Based on this it is reasonable to expect that there will be few, if any, changes to restrictions in the coming month. Given the grave scenes in other provinces and states at the moment (eg, hospitals in California turning away incoming patients), we are very fortunate here.

This is a bit off topic but as some on here maybe aware that MS is a horrible condition and does put one into the high risk population of covid-19. Here is some potential life changing news and shows what the power of this new mRNA vaccine technology has to offer.

BioNTech Vaccine Treats MS in Mice Without Dampening Immune System​

Experimental non-inflammatory vaccine — designed to dampen the abnormal immune responses seen in multiple sclerosis (MS) against myelin — delayed the onset and lessened the severity of symptoms in a mouse model of MS, a study reports.

Importantly, treated mice showed no signs of overall immune suppression, suggesting that this type of therapy may overcome the downsides associated with current immunosuppressive therapies for MS.

These data support advancing this vaccine, and possibly bringing it into testing in patients.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday....without-immune-suppression-mouse-model-study/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back