Alex attack article

Whatever happened to the application of the "Precautionary Principle"? Does the almighty dollar override everything and everyone even to the last wild fish? It should be up to the Fish Farmers to prove that they would not harm the surrounding environment such as migrating salmon runs, shellfish, and other marine life when they propose to use the bays and inlets as a free to them sewer system with hard science and peer reviewed papers before they can proceed not just pack up and leave when its all too late. I've never heard of as much refined B.S. and double speak as come from the Fish Farm apologists.

Charlie, are you getting bored with this stuff? Seems so as that was a pretty weak response from YOU to Birdsnest. Looked to me like it was just more c&p from your endless repository of online data. But for sure you are up to speed on this stuff so I ask, respectfully, what if ISAv has actually been here on the west coast for a long, long time, and the strain possibly identified by Morton and her cronies is basically harmless to both wild Pacific and farmed Atlantics.... what then?
Is your greatest concern mutation to a more virulent strain of virus?

Nope, not bored, just super busy, right now. I don’t have the time; however, can do a cut and paste of the studies I have. :

ISAv “has” been found and IMO “a long, long time.” strains are harmless - not really, UNTIL the mutate into ISA disease. The problem most miss is the ISAv weakens the immune system of the fish (be it wild or farmed) and they are still dying of the other disease (e.g. BKD),

My concern is we have fish dying from diseases – as we speak and nobody will be concerned, UNTIL the is a full fledged ISA Disease outbreak that NO BODY will be able to ignore! Not into “doomsday”; however, I do understand the term “devastating”!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back