Airmar P66 not Performing ??

Really want thank all the guys that messaged me, and text me ,overwhelmed
nice ta know the good guys are still lurkin in the backgroundon this site !!

decided that i will take this LCX 27 out west tomorrow , try it on my tinnny ,
my other LCX in that rig works flawlessly, on the stock 50/200 lowrance transducer ,
see if the head is the issue , im confident its not , either a power issue in the striper , or a bad factory airmar ,,

im leaning strongly to a faulty airmar from the factory...
keep ya posted , alot of guys very interested here lol

fd

so far , just ruled out the head , ran it in my othere boat on the island for 4 days with the stock lowrance 50/200 hz ,which had a great clear sharp image...
worked perfectly as suspected , so , tmrw im gonna try a new power supply back directly to my Auxiliary Battery Bank , and try to eliminate
a poor power supply , im %99 confident its not that either , my gues is a bad transducer , maybe damaged in delivery ,
will know for sure with in the week

keep ya posted
fd

Altight

Update . was out yesterday , relocated the Airmar to where the original Lowrance skimmer was ,
Bam , excellent picture now , and yes , it is definitely sharper , and did not lose bottom at all , i was imaging crystal clear at 25 mph ,
so , my verdict , it dd NOT like the Steel trim tab that was located 6 inches away for what ever reason , i place the Airmar further downstream , maybe 1 foot from center , slightly lower than the hull , PERFECT , kinda like HD now lol , very happy... was reading 700 feet fairly clearly as well ,
any questions , give me a shout , thx ta all that helped out here , really appreciated , will post some pics from out west, in action.... soon

felix

Glad to hear you got it working. I also just installed an Airmar P66 and I am hoping that it will perform better than the Lowrance ducer.

Hi guys first post on here.

Felix,

How far away did you end up installing you p66 from your trim tab? My current old style lowrance 50/200 transducer is installed only 2" away from my trim tab, it has never worked very well losing bottom and not picking much up only downrigger balls. That could be my problem here and I though it was just old age. Your though? Probably going to do an upgrade soon, new unit and transducer.

I installed it 12 inches off center , which is more than 2 feet away from my SS Tab , did not lose bottom in 200-300 feet of water doin around 30-35 mph is as quick as i was going , worked incredible , way better than the factory 50/200hz loweance skimmer , very impressed , should make finding bait way faster out west ,

Gd lk

Fd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look over the transom when the boat is running (with someone else at the wheel of course). Look to see what part of the water looks the cleanest. I'd bet $'s to donuts that 2" from the trim tab is pretty turbulent when the tab is extended.

one last thing
my issue was not caused from turbulence from the hull on the move , i was floating , with my motors off ,
im confident that the transducer dd not like the SS metal Trim tab that close !!
it was causing some type of inerference , even though it was a few inches away ,and slightly below the tab ,
again , now being almost at the keel , nothing within 12 inches of the ducer , shes very happy,,
post a few pics when we get beck from the west next week

fd

Back