Admin/Mods - Advertising Banner Issues

Pippen

Hey Guys,

I don't know if this is just isolated to me but I am finding HUGE performance issues when on pages on the forum that have the banner ads on them. I am running Explorer and don't have this happen on any other site.

When on a page that has a banner ad on it it clicks through to the next one in what seems like every 3-5 seconds. Every time it does this I find if I am clicking to navigate somewhere on the forum the banner changing script over rides my click? I will also here a constant clicking sound every time the banner changes, even if I have a few windows open and viewing a completely different website with this one open in another window. It just keeps on clickin'.

Not sure if it makes sense but if on the main page and I see the banner for Duncanby Lodge and I click on "What's New" or something like that....as soon as it goes to click to the next banner it over rides my click. I can see on the bottom of my screen a quick script that runs changing the banner.

I can't even click in to my "Settings" to see if I can turn the advertising off as it will over ride my clicking there.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but it's only started somewhat recently and it's only on this site; I visit other sites using the same forum software and it's never an issue there.

Just thought I'd see if I am the only one or if this is something happening to others? It just took be almost 5 minutes of clicking to be able to post this thread....I was trying to click and time it as quickly as I could between ad changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
just had an issue with my last post here in the general section on the scotty HP thread....clicked "post quick reply" and it took about 5 mins to finish loading, but it didnt refresh the page.

the post I just made had no problems loading...maybe it was just a forum fart :p

I'm having issues like this with this site, Bloodydecks, and Photobucket. It's really annoying. I scan with avg and it keeps picking up adware as well. HBC and AAB are ok so maybe it is the forum software or something. It started doing to me around mid April.

The site seems slow the last couple days over here

I gave up on Internet Explore and swiched to Mozilla Firefox.
I added "adblock plus" to it and haven't looked back.
Not saying you should switch because sometimes thats not possible.
But if you can I would switch just to block the ads.
GLG

I don't know if this issue is causing it but I ran a scan with SuperAntiSpyWare yesterday at 9pm and it picked up some "ad-tracking" type items which were wiped out.

I visited this site and 2 other forums between last night and this morning and just ran another scan and it found another 12 "ad-tracking" items. I know the other two forums are fine as I don't experience the issues as I do on here.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't quite understand how these ad-tracking things technically work, but it kind of makes me wonder if the issue on this forum may be attributing to it?????

BTW....if anyone is looking for a free Spyware software that is the best I have seen, look up SuperAntiSpyWare. I work for a large company focussed in the IT vertical and our internal techs use it before anything else.

I run Windows XP and Internet Explorer...

Of all the fishing sites I visit this site is the most arthritic,anal-retentive in terms of performance.

FishTactics...no problem, Fishing Van Isle .Org...no problem...

The only one worse is B.C. Fishing Reports.

Back