Adding Lights to Hewescraft Searunner

ILHG

Crew Member
Folks, I am looking for some advice regarding adding lights to my Hewescraft Searunner. I recently had an experience I don't want to repeat again if possible. I stayed out to late & was navigating a channel with markers in the dark & it was not fun..... The channel is only accessible by the tide so I don't want to lose fishing days because its to dark to cross. Also I realize its a good safety feature to have should I ever be in a similar situation.

My boat is a soft top & has no tower. I looked into towers, but with our low dollar & the new aluminum tariff's its way to much money. While looking online I came across a company call" Black Oak" who has a good assortment of LED light bars. I don't know if a light bar is the best way to go? Also I don't know how best to mount a light bar or any other type of light?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

The problem is that the LED lightbars generally don't throw the light far. They're great for flood lights, but not as good as halogens for throwing the light. That said, I researched this and swapped out my halogens for LEDs made by Go Light in the USA. I have two remote control LED lights on my boat (on my tower, which I understand you don't have) and they work excellent. I initially bought three, so I have the third left if you want. Here's my post on it. https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/led-spotlight-wireless-remote.67722/

The problem is that the LED lightbars generally don't throw the light far. They're great for flood lights, but not as good as halogens for throwing the light. That said, I researched this and swapped out my halogens for LEDs made by Go Light in the USA. I have two remote control LED lights on my boat (on my tower, which I understand you don't have) and they work excellent. I initially bought three, so I have the third left if you want. Here's my post on it. https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/led-spotlight-wireless-remote.67722/

Very cool, i like the idea. I will send a pm

Folks, I am looking for some advice regarding adding lights to my Hewescraft Searunner. I recently had an experience I don't want to repeat again if possible. I stayed out to late & was navigating a channel with markers in the dark & it was not fun..... The channel is only accessible by the tide so I don't want to lose fishing days because its to dark to cross. Also I realize its a good safety feature to have should I ever be in a similar situation.

My boat is a soft top & has no tower. I looked into towers, but with our low dollar & the new aluminum tariff's its way to much money. While looking online I came across a company call" Black Oak" who has a good assortment of LED light bars. I don't know if a light bar is the best way to go? Also I don't know how best to mount a light bar or any other type of light?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Hey buddy, I have a pretty good sized light bar, about 18” across I believe. I hit the water really early to be at the spot for sunup so it gets used. It definitely helps, especially with trap markers, but it’s not like driving with headlights in a car. My buddy has a tower and some spotlights and I’d say it has similar output. I feel comfortable going about 30 kmph on them when it’s super dark out but I wouldn’t go anywhere near WOT on it. I’ll try to post or text you a pic tomorrow evening from my driveway in the pitch black and I’m pretty much on a farm so you can really see the output. Chat soon

20170622_174101001.jpeg 20170621_162443001.jpg Not sure how well you can make it out in the picture but this is what I did on my bayliner. Made a custom aluminum plate to sit on my rails then just mounted two LEDs at different angles (one on top and one underneath the bracket). Since I wanted it to be removable I just use stainless hose clamps through slots in the plate. Works like a charm.

I added four LEDs made for use on side by sides and they have been great. The came with a mounting bracket and can be adjusted to different angles. Two up front and two in the fishing area.

Back