Ace prawn puller conversion

JDR

Ok saw the post for the hands free adapter to my ace puller. Had to have one. Got it today .Sprayed all the bolts to take of the big wheel, let soak for couple hrs. got 2 out and 2 broke. No prob will just drill and tap new holes.got big wheel off, awe crap the hub that the wheel is on is totally correded and crumbling, not repairable.sent off email to ace to se if I can get the hub. for what you pay for these I would think they would use Marine grade material. Wanted to go prawning Sat but I guess not. Wait to see if I can get the part. Bottom line ,if you do this conversion be VERY CAREFUL on a older puller.

Hey JDR, I might be able to help you out... I converted my dad's old ace to a new motor earlier this year which had a larger shaft diameter. The old hub is 2.5" diameter with 4 - 1/4" bolts on a 2" circle and the bore is 1/2" with a keyway to interface with the motor shaft. Is that the same as your damaged one? If the old one of my dad's will work i'm sure we could work something out. Alternately, if ace doesn't come through I could probably make a new one up for you. Where are you located?

Thanks, sent off email to Ace and got reply they will help me out, just send them my address ,so sounds like they will send one to me. Thanks for the thought

Back