Abel reels

fishin solo

Crew Member
IMG_0269.PNG hey guys thought I'd post this up wicked price right now!! I have 4 already but at this price I had to buy another one lol

Killer deal with the 4110
IMO the Abel is a better reel than the islander.......

I have heard the price of Abel's has gone up $200 USD on new orders from the factory as the company was losing money on every reel. Once local retailers sell out of current stock expect the price on new stock to be up the $200 USD.

Wow at that price they better not only catch more and bigger salmon, they need to clean and vacuum seal them as well!

It's obvious from the price point that Abel are the Cadillac of reels,
but I have to ask why they are so expensive ?
you would think they are machined from Titanium ?

Prices are not going up the only increase you will see is exchange rate and that will reflect in price like everything else we pay to much for ;)

Sure like my diawa 275's. So nice when your finished with them you can just through them in the cuddy and there good to to.

What the maintenance program with Abel? The usual rinse every use and re oil everything every 5 trips?

Sure like my diawa 275's. So nice when your finished with them you can just through them in the cuddy and there good to to.

What the maintenance program with Abel? The usual rinse every use and re oil everything every 5 trips?
Nope pretty maintenance free I rinse them with my gear at end of day. Lube and oil at end of season

Pffffft.......there is a tech flown in bi-weekly during the offseason and weekly during the regular season to ensure they're all lubed/greased up. :p

Prices are not going up the only increase you will see is exchange rate and that will reflect in price like everything else we pay to much for ;)
Ask a local retailer. You will find out the retail price is increasing $200 USD once they have to order new stock. I just confirmed this with a local retailer.

The 2 Abels that I have used suffered from 'line creep', same as every Islander that I have ever used.
They sure are beautifully manufactured, though.

Back