Abel Mooching reels

Hi for sale are two Abel Mooching Reels. Lightly used the past 3-4 years. Black with silver drag knob and silver handles. $975 for both reels. Price is firm.

Thanks
Where are you located? Pictures?

Hi for sale are two Abel Mooching Reels. Lightly used the past 3-4 years. Black with silver drag knob and silver handles. $975 for both reels. Price is firm.

Thanks
Pictures? Were they new 3-4 years ago or did you buy then used when you got them? I'll take them if they are the ones I think they are.

Well looks like you have to take me fishing now. Yup that's settled. No no, I insist. Let me know what works.

Lol I'll send you my price list :p

I just hope these reels stand up to lot's of use. Have heard good things but I've been through so many reels over the years I just want to end up with ones I can trust for years and years. My Islanders all in a pile not being used... sold 4 already still have 4 more, used a friends TR3 didn't like it and that annoying clicker as you reel in..., Amundsen's are decent but heavy/bulky and need the drags F'd with on a regular after a few years use. And I clean and maintain my reels well. Just bought a couple old English reels I'm having shipped in too so hopefully they are what they are cracked up to be. At times I risk bird nesting my Hardy pin reel just so I can use a good reel for mooching. No drag, just clip the line to a rigger clip to the boat cleat. Dangerous but nothing like fighting a big spring on a pin reel with no drag. My old Shimano's are even better than a lot of these newer reels out there that make so many bold claims about their drag systems etc.. Rant over

FYI I have a bunch of both the new and old Abel’s. I prefer the old version better.... find it much more comfortable when playing a fish.... don’t get me wrong both are good but I like my TR3’s better then The new version Abel’s for what it’s worth.

FYI I have a bunch of both the new and old Abel’s. I prefer the old version better.... find it much more comfortable when playing a fish.... don’t get me wrong both are good but I like my TR3’s better then The new version Abel’s for what it’s worth.
How old are the ones you like better? What was it that they changed in the newer ones? I had heard the same thing that's why I am asking this guy about the age of them. Not sure exactly when they changed somethings on the reels.

Back