Abe & Al Dodgers

Red Monster

Hey, I was wondering if anyone still uses the old Abe & Al. And if so, in what situations?

I have about two dozen that have been passed along to me, some still new in the package. It occured to me that the Sampo ball bearing swivels must be worth a dollar or two each. Maybe I should remove the swivels and use them if I'm not going to use the flasher?

Thoughts?

RedandWhite Monster: Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

We used them in Lee's Bay at Pender Harbour with live herring in the 70's. Whoda thunk it, but it worked.....Terry[8D]

Campbell River: Ex "Salmon Capital of the World".....I hope not.......Terry

21' Monaro

Still use Abe n Als all the time. Fished with them for years and still find they outfish other flashers most of the time. They are also a good flasher to allow you to judge what your tackle is doing in an area with sub surface currents, by watching your rodtips action.

If you don't want to use it inline because they're so heavy they make great dummy flashers that's what I use 'em for.

Sampo BB swivels are more like $2 or $3 apiece depending.

00yellowfin9qp.jpg

Sure we still use them. They are still sold at Island Outfitters.
We find they give a good indication of the correct trolling speed
and when fouled by weed one immediately notices the loss of rythmic
action.

I occassionally fish out of Sayward for chum and Northern coho in late September and use Abe&Al almost exclusively, with a glo green hootchie and 30" leader...will pick up anything that is out there including springs and flatties.

I use Abe and Al's .
I would like to purchase a couple of them from you if they are still in the package.
Where are you located ?
Send me an email to make arrangements.

Cheers

AL

Okay, you guys have given me some good ideas. Thanks.

You have email, AC. [8D]

RedandWhite Monster: Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Back