94 17ft double eagle hard top removal

buzzbomb

Just picked up a very clean 17 hard top eagle. First order of business is going to be to rase the hard to on a tube frame system and have removable canvas with windows made to close in the gap between window and top.Had had a quick look at it under the cover today and could not see an obvious way to detach the hard top from the window frame. Anyone here been down this road? Appreciate any help! Thanks guys

Just picked up a very clean 17 hard top eagle. First order of business is going to be to rase the hard to on a tube frame system and have removable canvas with windows made to close in the gap between window and top.Had had a quick look at it under the cover today and could not see an obvious way to detach the hard top from the window frame. Anyone here been down this road? Appreciate any help! Thanks guys
Wooooooooohoooo, project time!!! Good luck man!

Here’s a few pics of her. Don’t worry boys although it’s an excellent running with perfect compression engine! I only got to get one season out of it. Re power next year!

Attachments

• C8D9FB42-BA83-4404-8D19-CB2367E3A6BA.jpeg
    C8D9FB42-BA83-4404-8D19-CB2367E3A6BA.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 1719BFF5-1B97-4432-AC9D-9C4E3651F062.jpeg
    1719BFF5-1B97-4432-AC9D-9C4E3651F062.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DD9FFEC7-F1E5-4F0A-AE73-E2E8F142582E.jpeg
    DD9FFEC7-F1E5-4F0A-AE73-E2E8F142582E.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 120
  • 680E812C-99E1-463C-97AB-CC53A0521E03.jpeg
    680E812C-99E1-463C-97AB-CC53A0521E03.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 119
Nothing wrong with the evinrude should move that boat along pretty quick. Looks really clean.

That’s a classic engine, I think Envinrude modelled them after the Yamaha V4 block or was it vice versa? But very reliable.

That’s a classic engine, I think Envinrude modelled them after the Yamaha V4 block or was it vice versa? But very reliable.
Yamaha lost a big lawsuit after copying evinrude on the crossflow 2 stroke design along with other things.

That one I think is a looper which came later but they invented the looper design also

Yamaha lost a big lawsuit after copying evinrude on the crossflow 2 stroke design along with other things.

That one I think is a looper which came later but they invented the looper design also
Yamaha did utilize the Mikuni oil pump for the oil injection, it was on a 30hp Yamaha that I had on a 14ft Lund Rebel. I’m not sure if Envinrude had their own model of oil pump but the Mikuni was flawless and metered from 50:1 to 150:1 depending on rpm range.

Yup it is a looper. I grew up on these motors so I’ve always liked them. They make good power and torque but are hard on fuel and oil. Like I said 1 season then I can re power!

Yamaha did utilize the Mikuni oil pump for the oil injection, it was on a 30hp Yamaha that I had on a 14ft Lund Rebel. I’m not sure if Envinrude had their own model of oil pump but the Mikuni was flawless and metered from 50:1 to 150:1 depending on rpm range.

Yeah evinrude never had a good oil pump until the etec. The Yamaha was crankshaft driven gear pump with gravity feed. Evinrude pump in that vintage was a diaprahm. Worked great until the diagram got stiff. They tried different materials bit turns out oil destroys rubber components and neoprenes.

But they got sued over mechanical design. A few times. Pretty sure they even lost a suit over the 3 piston trim pump also.

Last edited:
Yup it is a looper. I grew up on these motors so I’ve always liked them. They make good power and torque but are hard on fuel and oil. Like I said 1 season then I can re power!

Yeah wicked power, loud, and may as well throw half your fuel right over side of the boat lol

You have to drill out about 100 rivets all along the top edge of the window sides and front

Back