80 cm Spring

There was a meme on this from a thread last year, but I can't find it. Showed a tape measure measuring up to 80 cm and every cm mark after was 80 cm as well. So I guess it depends on your interpretation of 80cm. ;)
That's awesome

I thought an 80 cm fish was in the 16 lb range but was just playing on the internet with length weight tables and most are suggesting 12 to 13 lbs-is this what you guys are finding???
I weighed my 76 cm chinook the other day using bathroom scale and came to 16 lbs. it was a fatty.

80cm rule is completely ridiculous. Everyone needs to stop this nonsense. Government is irrelevant at this point anyway. How many more fish die because people who don’t know how to release fish have to because they are too big. It’s idiotic at best. No one should be fallowing this ridiculous crap. The Trudeau government thought it up need I say more.

Fished today and Stosh reeled in a 80cm fish. I had Stosh double check the length and weight. Digital scale read 18.01lb
Thanks guys- i have had a few-not quite 80 cm and I couldn't believe what is was seeing on the charts cause it sure didn't jive with what I was getting when I weighed them Very nice fish-by the way!!

Thanks guys- i have had a few-not quite 80 cm and I couldn't believe what is was seeing on the charts cause it sure didn't jive with what I was getting when I weighed them Very nice fish-by the way!!
I just weight 2 of them today 16 lbs other 15, almost clones at 80cm on the mark,those 20lbs plus 80cm have yet to be seen in my boat, we weight another guys fish that was over 90cm and was 21 lb.

I just weight 2 of them today 16 lbs other 15, almost clones at 80cm on the mark,those 20lbs plus 80cm have yet to be seen in my boat, we weight another guys fish that was over 90cm and was 21 lb.
My 20lb in Bamfield was 85cm

Test no 2, 82cm 15lbs, 89cm 17lbs. Asked one of the local guides here in renfrew, big fat 80cm 18lbs . 20 plus 80cm is a diamond in the rough. I usually don’t mesure and weight fish that often unless they are bigggg, or there is a slot

Test no 2, 82cm 15lbs, 89cm 17lbs. Asked one of the local guides here in renfrew, big fat 80cm 18lbs . 20 plus 80cm is a diamond in the rough. I usually don’t mesure and weight fish that often unless they are bigggg, or there is a slot
I think @Chasin' Dreams had a point and I'd still like to see someone at least post some pics of one with a tape and a scale. No need for the big bucks but some bragging rights could be in order. Or not.

I think @Chasin' Dreams had a point and I'd still like to see someone at least post some pics of one with a tape and a scale. No need for the big bucks but some bragging rights could be in order. Or not.
Ya not the hold the fish close to the lens kind of pics lol, I did this today with the creel survey girl, she add the scale and tape.taking the family out now, for an evening fish, will see if I can do more test

My 44 inch or110 cm Chinook earlier this year came in at 38 lbs.

Attachments

• PXL_20220714_231356813.jpg
    PXL_20220714_231356813.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 100
  • PXL_20220714_231740164.jpg
    PXL_20220714_231740164.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 101
Back