• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Thx ST a good reminder.

To start pointing fingers will be the end of us all.

Commercial fisheries, commercial guide outfits, sport fishing and FN need to stick together and really apply pressure on DFO to work proactively (not reactively) to solve the down turn of the Salmon and Steelhead returns coast wide. We have power in numbers we need to figure out if to utilize each other expertise/experience to persuade DFO to do the right thing.

Back in the day we use to fish 15lbs max 12lbs leader number 8 trebles and live herring. 1st hole,2nd hole , log dump on the flood and near side,far side,over falls on the ebb. That's was the most exciting fishery, whirl pools whipping by the boat 20 boats plugged into a back eddy jocking to hold their position and slack line bites. "Hey I lost my weight my clients would say and with out looking at their rod I would yell reel reel reel".

Those are the days I loved the most. Now I'm just happy to take out my old man and father law out and listen to there stories. If we catch a fish that's awesome if not o well.

There is going to be hard times for sure which ever user group you are in but we need to stick together. POWER IN NUMBERS.

There are still bright days ahead as well boys it’s not all doom and gloom. I know this is going to be tough but it is what it is. The world is getting more and more populated, that region of our country in particular, its a busy place those fish just can’t make it, too much pressure from all sides. It just can’t carry on the way it was. I’m looking forward to this summer and my fishing time out there. Times change people, make the best of it. Take a couple home for a few tastes good enough, enjoy the time on the water , take a quick pic toss it back onto the next, it’s not an endless freezer of meat any more.

The good old daze with RVP

Attachments

• From Back up May 2015 257.JPG
    From Back up May 2015 257.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Burnsey & Me May 2012 2.JPG
    Burnsey & Me May 2012 2.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 56
  • From Back up May 2015 306.jpg
    From Back up May 2015 306.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 52
  • From Back up May 2015 1087.jpg