7 Mile Bank Report PLEASE??????

S

steve41

Has anyone been out to 7 mile bank off Bamfield lately? I know from the reports that inside has been great so just wondering if it is worth the gas to head out there? I have never caught a halibut so any pointers would be great. I have a 16.5 ft Double Eagle with a 60hp.
Thanks[8D]

Hi Steve
I spent a few hours out there on Saturday and did not catch any halibut. But a trip out to big bank on Sunday produced 4 chickens.
I have heard it has been pretty slow at seven mile.
Good luck
Scott

u gotta fish in the sound. theres no bait on the banks which means no fish. lots of people having 8 fish mornings of coho and springs. hotspot that i've seen has been diplock island.

Thanks guys, I'm heading over July 25 -30th I just hope the fishing holds up until I get there.
Steve

I was there the Saturday morning of the long weekend and got 2 halibut. If you look on the charts there is a hump at 160 ft that falls off fairly rapidly to about 350-400 ft.

Funny thing is the weather was a little snotty so it was us and one other boat and out of the blue a big black Zodiac with 3 fisheries guys showed up to check out or licences.

Hi just got back from the bamfield area for the last week and limited out in halies and did well for large springs(pair of 32lbs) and coho, even though most fish being caught inside and outside(25 mile) are small. Didn't do well at 7 mile , 25 mile was the place to be.Weather was great.

Back