4 Sale T/C Flintlock Hawken Rifle - No PAL needed

S

Slay Belle

Thompson Center Flintlock Hawken .45 cal! This is your chance to own a desirable .45 cal American made T/C Hawken flintlock. This rifle is at least 15 years old (more, I think).

This is a slightly used .45 cal flintlock rifle in great condition. T/C has not made these rifles in .45 cal for many years. Stocked in walnut, trimmed in brass furniture, the T/C Hawken features a hooked breech, which is easily dismounted for cleaning. Double set triggers, adjustable rear sight, and 28" barrel.

It shows few handling marks and overall is in great condition. The brass has an even mellow patina. The bore is shiney as new. Has double lever set triggers.
Thompson Center has an excellent factory waranty. Most parts are covered by T/C for life of the gun, reguardless of the who is the owner.

NO PAL REQUIRED
$425 firm + shipping. No tax, no risk, no shooting, three day inspection. This is my rock bottom price, act now. "First I'll Take it!" w/ EMT or M.O. gets it.
bigsplashlures@msn.com

Colt44017-1.jpg

Colt44016.jpg

Colt44019.jpg

Colt44020.jpg

Colt44023.jpg

Colt44022.jpg

This last pic shows a spot of discoloration, perhaps due to a fingerprint.
[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w152/flintlockCAN/Colt44024.jpg

Silver Sun Charters
Prince Rupert B.C.
www.silversuncharters.com

Very nice gun. I have the .50 Cal that I made from a kit about 20 years ago and still shoot it today. Although mine is a percusion cap model.
I can group round ball at 1.23 inches at 125 yards with the Vernier peep sights that I added.
This one of yours is (I believe) rifled at 6 to 1 and will accept both round ball and ribbed slugs (hunters).
One thing you should investigate...a PAL is still required.

boc

I know you would need a PAL to buy your cap-lock kit today, but not for this flintlock, or many other awesome guns. I got the same reaction when I posted an antique Webley Revolver for sale over at the airguns site. Just shows you can't believe everything you read on the net. A little research would turn up some answers though, like the folowing from CFC site.

Antique Firearms
If you own or wish to acquire an antique firearm, here is some information you should know about how the Firearms Act applies to firearms that meet the definition of an antique, as set out in the Criminal Code and the Criminal Code Regulations.

The Definition of an Antique
The Criminal Code defines antique firearms as:

firearms manufactured before 1898 that were not designed or re-designed to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition, or
firearms prescribed as antique firearms in the Criminal Code regulations. These are:
Black Powder Reproductions:
of flintlock, wheel-lock or matchlock firearms, other than handguns, manufactured after 1897; (All other reproductions must be registered and owners must have a firearm licence to possess them. For example, reproductions of percussion cap muzzle-loading firearms like American Civil War Enfield and Springfield rifles will be considered firearms and not antiques.)

Silver Sun Charters
Prince Rupert B.C.

A call to CFC would confirm this flintlock doesn't need licencing or registration.
Canada Firearms Center - 1-800-731-4000

Silver Sun Charters
Prince Rupert B.C.

Back