4 Alberta men lose 80 pounds of halibut and crab, fined $4,500 after violations: B.C. conservation officers

This sounds like it was a processing/packaging issue--the rules surrounding fish processing/possession/transport etc are overly onerous and impractical. Meanwhile you can print 13 licenses a year if you want and circumvent the law with almost no chance of being caught. Sounds like they were being made an example of. 80 lbs of halibut, could be 2 fish. Government agencies should focus on changing the archaic licensing practices, move to a digital, immutable annual ledger, instead of wasting time and resources on this BS, IMHO

Sounds pretty heavy handed, unless the crab possession limit was clearly broken? Good argument for a great cooler and salt ice and a bait freezer at home.

I took a video of our one of our halibut being measured, hope that was proof enough, when my buddy didn’t want to take the carcass home.

Basically we need to keep all salmon, Hali, and crab whole? I got pretty into the Hali rules I know you can take the head off at least.

Back