3 inch Baitfish Hoochy

Seafever

Take a squirt needlefish and cut it to 2 1/2 inches

Take scissors and continue cutting the frond lines of the hoochy up to just behind the eyes.

Snell a 4/o or 5/o gammy salmon hook.

use a tiny microbead right at the hook eye and then use more microbeads to get the space you want.

Put the whole thing together and trim off the back end so the whole rig measures about 3 inches.

The metallic green insert is Double Glow Silver Horde Needlefish Twinkle skirt

The other one is North Pacific Superstar Mylar needlefish insert

Both can be got at Pac Net.

Bigger is not always better...sometimes Chins like a smaller presentation

The top one is pulled apart to show beads and spacing etc.

001.jpg

I have been experimenting with 1.5" hootchie with VERY high sucess! On a single 4/0 owner hook! in white glow and Pink. 3" is small. But I know they will hit much much smaller ;) Give it a try fella's it looks strange but it works.

Try them with leaders as short as 18" ;)

-KK

One day using the above lure I hit one of every salmon species in one day!

Just a hint. The water was full of 1-2" needles

Another fishy rig Seafever! no doubt a killer for sure!! cant wait to see a picture of a big spring with that in its lip!

Squirt is a name of bait that Jack James of Radiant Lures Ltd used for their needlefish product. Mylar in the use of fishing tackle was also patented by Radiant Lures and was developed from material used NASA's APOLLO door gaskets. Mylar skirts and pencil beads were also a Radiant Lure invention.
Buy your gear at Independent Marine in Coombs. Just as good at ½ the price.

The only thing that Independant Marine carries are are your hoochies and some Scotty stuff......little else in the way of fishing gear. The hooks they sell , although cheap, are not as good as some others on the market and they seem to be "offsize".

When you get around to putting a hole in the end of your hoochies and also a red slash behind the eye...I might be more interested......your "glow" component also needs work ( it's nowhere near as good as Yamashita or Yozuri).

Supertackle - We put the fun back into fishing

Hello Seafever.
I appreciate your opinion but my products are not available at PNT only because I would not sell to them because the area was given to Independent Marine. Independent can help you with far more with your boating needs.
The feedback that counts is from commercial trollers in Washington and Alaska and shop owners who are not making correct margins that are tired of spending lots of money on overprice plastic squids. Commercial guys do not have any issues with making a hole and the feedback is 40 fish plus on the Octo is standard. Our Skinny Boy Needlefish do have nose holes.
The red eye pit on all Yo brands is not an ultra violet makeup. Does nothing but catch fishermen.
We are sold out of many products including almost every hook that we produce.
As for the glow, charge it with a real ultra violet light, not a blue or black light. The one that costs $130 at Napa and comes with eye protection. You are looking at least 4 hour charge with this light.
As for our hooks.... We supply other local and international tackle manufactures because they are excellent and cheap. You are buying my hooks in other guys packaging. LOL
Our SS 16/0 Circle are hands down the toughest, sharpest, cheapest, nastiest, product available.
As for the sizing differences. The industry standards are set at the factory. Not a valid complaint.
We are working closely with manufacturing catch and release hooks to increase survival rates of released fish.
Stores that do not sell our product on Vancouver Island is now shortlisted to department stores and a few who think I am ruining the market such as Trotac by bypassing the use of American Wholesalers who now own the network in Canada. When you buy other brands you are indirectly supporting Americans who make stuff offshore and shove it across the boarder. We make stuff in China and shove it all around the world.
There are tons of people using our gear.
You can find us in every town on the island excluding Duncan and Ladysmith which will be solved very shortly.
All other brands will bow to better prices or disappear.
We also make many other custom products for tackle shops and lure producers.
We have 450 products established in 2 years.
We are making fishing more affordable for the pro fisherman that can tie their own hook.
If you don't know how to put a hole in a hootchie then buy our premade SS Barb wire rigs or Jack Flash baits.
Best Regards Matt :cool:

The only thing that Independant Marine carries are are your hoochies and some Scotty stuff......little else in the way of fishing gear. The hooks they sell , although cheap, are not as good as some others on the market and they seem to be "offsize".

When you get around to putting a hole in the end of your hoochies and also a red slash behind the eye...I might be more interested......your "glow" component also needs work ( it's nowhere near as good as Yamashita or Yozuri).

Back