25' Trophy

Buying from a dealer isn't that bad.......i purchased a used boat, got a 1 year warrantee on my used outboard and I did need to use it. I went for a sea trial with my buddy rock dog and made an offer way below asking and they accepted. I paid what I was comfortable with paying. Shop around, this time of year should be some deals to be had.

GnB

Hope the sea trial went well! If you didn't buy it, factor in 10% year in maintenance cost, more some years having dual engines. If a boat is clean and priced right it sells right away, so the feedback is probably accurate. US shipping cost are low with U-bid but also factor in your banks Foreign exchange premiums and insurance/damage hassel when shipping in the fall winter.

How did you like the 25' trophy?
I think to much money like above.
If it helps i purchased an older trophy with an etec 102 hrs, new canvas, new gps, new riggers, new kicker 9.8hp 2 hours, new charger and probably something else. $21,000 with trailer

I like Trophy boats, they are well laid out and a great fishing platform with cruising options. I have been on a range of models and they have come a long way especially since 2000. Other than the high price of this one I would not hesitate.

I fished a few days in Haida Gwaii last year out of a 25 ft trophy of similar vintage to the one under discussion. It had a really plush ride and was nicely set up for fishing with lots of storage, bait wells, fish boxes etc. But I was amazed at how inefficient it was for use of space in a salmon trolling application. The helm is right at midships, add in a couple of jump seats behind the main swivels and you are left with a surprisingly small dance floor. Definitely max capacity of four people for fishing application. There are lots of cab-forward designs that yield more usable space from the same waterline length.

Back