25' Trophy

ZENYO

Hi All,

Taking a 25' Trophy for a sea trial tomorrow and if all checks out we are gonna purchase... It's a 2003 in excellent condition with twin 150 Optimax both with only 350 ours. There's not a lot to compare too out there, as most Trophy's available locally are inboards and 21' to 23'. I'm wondering if 47k is a good deal for this boat?

Thanks...

Too much IMO, if I had 50K to spend on a fishing boat I would be looking for an older Grady White or Pursuit.

Thanks for the reply Chinnok, I appreciate the input... We did look at Grady's but the thought of spending an extra 7-10K for smaller/older boat just didn't sound right. If we were running a business sure but we're just weekend warriors...

It also sounds high to me especially with the two strokes on it. Just my opinion......good luck with the sea trial.

Thanks for the reply Chinnok, I appreciate the input... We did look at Grady's but the thought of spending an extra 7-10K for smaller/older boat just didn't sound right. If we were running a business sure but we're just weekend warriors...
Yeah, understood. I have an old Invader, 1990. Boat looks good but it is not a well built boat, spent alot of money on her and its still a terrible boat. It does the job but I do appreciate the difference from a Grady.

$47K also sounds high to me, the boat and motors are 13 yrs old.
only 350 hours = approx 27 hrs a year.
very light use or ??

I would agree as well that the price is a bit high. I assume you are buying the one on C list which is a dealer though so you're not likely to get price as low as someone selling privately.

Those Opti 150's are great though if running well. I just sold my Trophy with one on it. That is a lot of boat compared to your Invader. Do you know you will flush a ton of fuel through her on most trips? Just asking because I just moved up from a 19- to a 23' boat and its a big difference. If you are truly just a weekend warrior do you really want that much boat? Are you mooring it or gonna tow it everywhere? Just being the devil's advocate...

TL22

Got to agree high as well.

3 years ago a buddy bought a 2003 31' Pursuit with the old 200hp Yammy's Yammy's on it locally here. Low hours, great shape and he paid close to what you're looking at.

Hmm... if you are looking at resale value , this boat may not do well. I am a Opti fan , low fuel consumption and bang for the buck but they have virtually little resale value. I own a trophy 23.5 and they are great hulls . Light and durable , but again low resale value.
I am not a fan of twins unless you plan on going offshore , twice the maintenance and cost and more headache.

beemer

motors 14k
hull 23k
trailer?

most i would think is 35-37k tops.. in great condition.

Smaller and almost 45k Cad before shipping/taxes. I doubt shipping and taxes (and any other fees that come with bringing a boat in, if there any) will come in under 2000... Nice boat though!

based on comparables in the US I believe the boat is overpriced by a couple thousand also, but I save in the time and hassle of bringing in a unknown from the US myself... I'm buying from dealer so I have to take that into account also, but the perk is I can trade in and save taxes on the trade in value... I'm not so concerned with the fact that it's a trophy, that's why I bought a legend and not a lund 2 years ago and the legend was great!...

You've all definitely given me more to think about, We'll see how I feel after the trial tomorrow...

If your going to spend that kinda money why wouldn't you go with something like this?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-GRADY-WHITE-Gulfstream-232-695099

Just an example of what's out there, even shipping it here plus getting it imported your still spending less and it's a Grady.

Just sayin!
that is a really nice appointed boat, also just because you are buying from a dealer really don't mean anything unless you get any warranties in writing. not the i will take care of you, my neighbour got raped on a run ready boat. he is in $4000.00 after he bought it

For sure... I should have been more clear... What I meant by a dealer was that I'm going to pay more than a private sale...

I've brought many a boats across the line, it's very simple.

Not saying you need to pay asking price, drop a low ball price.

I'm just throwing it out there is all.

Best of luck to you in finding a boat

Cheers

Friend of mine pickedup a 24' with a 200 yamaha for23,000. 2003 welcraft looks the same as a trophy, real nice shape.

Back