23ft hourston for sale..

Alright I don't mean to pick your add apart just thought maybe the work done in the last year was actually awhile ago as it looks like the same boat you were selling in 2011. I'm sure you've got receipts for all the work you've recently done to her.

Looks like a sweet ride I love hourstons. Was thinking about it the first go around lucky I didn't sounds like it needed major work if you had to spend $10,000 between then and now.

Might want to put new pics up the picture on used Vic doesn't look like a new leg which I think the add says its got or maybe "leg motor" means the tilt/trim motor? Bah nevermind I can't afford it anyways.

Not a new leg no. Just the leg motor as ad says and a few relay packs. The motor, manifolds, risers were installed last April by mechanic from vector yahct services and I just did all the bolt on stuff, starter alternator and impeller pump etc two weeks ago

The trailer work was done about 2 yrs ago just after I originally purchased it for 16800 from going coastal charters

Ok... I was just asking as both ads that were 1.5years apart say JUST SPENT $2700 on trailer repairs. Just seemed like $5400 on trailer repairs is 1.5 years was a little over board.

Must be spring...... The Dirty Oar is up for sale again... ;)

Good luck with the sale man.. Pretty sweet ride.

Must be spring...... The Dirty Oar is up for sale again... ;)

Good luck with the sale man.. Pretty sweet ride.

What's with people on this site?? Everyone out to stir pots and talk nonsense. Starting to remember why i don't come on here much anymore! lol. Last time it was for sale it was end of September not spring. Thanks for complement tho.. Gonna miss it if it goes. Finally got it all freshened up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your sale. It's a nice looking boat.

I have a soft spot for Hourstons as i use one of their hulls as well. :)

It is a great looking boat. Lots of people would love to own it.

Read your own posts though. The questions asked are reasonable. Your reaction and last post is some thing else though. Just be truthful and not defensive. They are just questions. Do you think one will just give you money and not ask questions?

Nice boat, looking to get a project 23ft sedan soon and just curious if you know the height of it when its sitting on the trailer ???

Nice boat, looking to get a project 23ft sedan soon and just curious if you know the height of it when its sitting on the trailer ???

About 8' 6" not including the light on the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with people on this site?? Everyone out to stir pots and talk nonsense. Starting to remember why i don't come on here much anymore! lol. Last time it was for sale it was end of September not spring. Thanks for complement tho.. Gonna miss it if it goes. Finally got it all freshened up!

Dirty Oar....GLWS....

Never mind these people on here criticizing your sale and your ad. Usually it's the people who have no money and haven't spent money who sit around criticizing and beaking off about value and peoples asking prices.

However, if the integrity of the seller and substance of the item for sale are suspect or known to be false then forums make for fair forum for criticisms. I'll call someone out on improper and undisclosed information...that's fair game....but running down and picking apart someone's ad for kicks isn't.

Nice looking boat. And good on you for speaking your mind. There is no cause for anyone to be criticizing your ad. If they have something to say to you that doesn't help your sale...... they should PM you. Its not your first post. You were far gentler than I would have been. Good luck with the sale.

Back