22 FT BAYLINER IN A DODGE RAM SHORTBOX

S

Steely

This is what it Looks like when a Dodge and Bayliner got together @ the Qualicum bypass the other mornin . Guess the single axle trailer took over control for a while till the lamp post stopped the runaway Ram [xx(] OH SH_ _!!! .
DiandIatsproatlake004.jpg
OH SH_T!!!!
DiandIatsproatlake007.jpg

Looks like the boat faired ok. Hope no one was hurt.

That should be sent to Trailer Boat magazine or something sure looks like they didnt have the boat secured to the trailer properly.

1. Driver is already 100% at fault, the vehicle was going straight as was the trailer...into the pole.

2. Insurance...the owner is going to have to hope that insurance will cover him..the trailer, the boat, the truck. Truck has $10000 ++ in damage, trailer is a write off, and boat will probably need some fibreglass work, and work to the leg.

3. Driver was probably on the blasted cell phone.

4. No sympathy from me.

Wow. One of my best friend's just told me about this yesterday morning. This was his wife's cousin's truck and boat. Apparently the trailer started swaying from side to side and they lost control and thus the result. They're from the lower mainland. Luckily no one was hurt but apparently they are very fortunate that the boat hit the tailgate which caused it to go over the cab and not through it. That's all the details I know.

wow fm wake up on the wrong side of the bed? all i can say is that would seriously suck good thing nobody was hurt and it can be replaced.

Jeez even a boat on land has more power than a Dodge :D :D :D guess it needed help gettin up the hill....

Those Bayliners look to well built after all. Looks like the Coolers in the Pickup Bed saved them ramping the boat up and over.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

wow fm wake up on the wrong side of the bed? all i can say is that would seriously suck good thing nobody was hurt and it can be replaced.

Nope, didn't wake up the wrong side of the bed...

Got an ICBC friend who told me to look on the board.... and he was laughing so hard.... I typed that message right after gettin off the phone with him.....he knows that spot too.

I knowwhere the crash happened.

How fast were they going???
That truck weighs a lot...so umm...how about hitting the brakes to regain control?
Where were the tiedowns on the back of the boat?
The trailer started to sway? Ummm...could be but highly unlikely that it steered the truck into the pole.

If the trailer sway did start the loss of control of the tow vehicle, the problems would have been evident prior to the accident, MUCH prior.

Owners and Operators of their rigs are required to be responsible for the safety of their rigs at all times in all circumstances.

Damn lucky some innocent bystander didn't get hurt if the accident happened in a different manner. Lucky someone wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ya sounds like they tried take the east on ramp to Naniamo a bit to quick and TAIL started waggin the DODGE [8)] end result = you go where the tail take YA !!!! Nice add for Bayliners THOU and Dodges being RAM TUFF[:I]

I wonder if they had any fish in the coolers. and I'm thinking they must have been going pretty fast to launch that boat up that high. my guess is he's booking along realizes he's missing his turn tries to commit too late and voila you have a Bayliner humping a Dodge, might make for interesting offspring.

its a 80kmh zone. Thats a set of lights there doesnt look like he tried to turn very hard. Could tie downs break with that much force?

I think you could break a couple straps pretty easy with that kind of velocity, we broke a strap a couple weeks ago launching the boat took one off forgot the other one it snapped easy.

Back