2023 Winter Harbour Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like i might be headed out to WH area this weekend - kind of impromptu and may fall through and turn into a day trip.

What are the options for moorage? I've only moored at the Outpost a few years ago. They seemed really busy and a bit frantic at times, but it worked out well in the end.

I'm guessing no matter where I end up, I'd have to pre-book moorage if I plan on spending the night? Or is there a reasonable chance of finding a slip if I show up at the fuel dock at 5pm unannounced? Any one know the lay of the land out there? I'm sure they will gladly sell me fuel, but I also assume it's busy up there now that the fishing has heated up and we're in July now.

Running a Malibu 182 so not a massive boat, but just enough space to sleep in a pinch if it's only one night and the fishing's hot ;)

Otherwise, I have a couple spots I know I can tie up at one of the log dumps back towards Alice/Coal Harbour.

I'd just rather be nearer the action and have more options for entertainment than an A-frame and a logging road, if I can find a spot that's not just log booms and still has a dock.

Looks like i might be headed out to WH area this weekend - kind of impromptu and may fall through and turn into a day trip.

What are the options for moorage? I've only moored at the Outpost a few years ago. They seemed really busy and a bit frantic at times, but it worked out well in the end.

I'm guessing no matter where I end up, I'd have to pre-book moorage if I plan on spending the night? Or is there a reasonable chance of finding a slip if I show up at the fuel dock at 5pm unannounced? Any one know the lay of the land out there? I'm sure they will gladly sell me fuel, but I also assume it's busy up there now that the fishing has heated up and we're in July now.

Running a Malibu 182 so not a massive boat, but just enough space to sleep in a pinch if it's only one night and the fishing's hot ;)

Otherwise, I have a couple spots I know I can tie up at one of the log dumps back towards Alice/Coal Harbour.

I'd just rather be nearer the action and have more options for entertainment than an A-frame and a logging road, if I can find a spot that's not just log booms and still has a dock.
Government dock is always an option. First come first serve. I think the outpost is pretty busy. But there is almost always space on the outer concrete dock just bring a bunch of floats with you.

Government dock is always an option. First come first serve. I think the outpost is pretty busy. But there is almost always space on the outer concrete dock just bring a bunch of floats with you.
Sweet! Can anyone screenshot google earth or naviovics with the location of the government dock for me? Thanks

Any reports on the ice selling competition?
Showing up with the family on the 15th!
Triple generation Gong Show!!
Sick!!! See you up there this weekend, we are staying at Oli’s main lodge but with our own boat, will come by, wouldn’t want to miss the Gong Show 🤣

Sick!!! See you up there this weekend, we are staying at Oli’s main lodge but with our own boat, will come by, wouldn’t want to miss the Gong Show 🤣
Yes, we are heading out from CR Saturday morning. Good chance of seeing your old truck in the wild!
The daughters, wife and dad all aboard!
We are staying at the cabin straight up the hill from the government pier.

Lingcod and Hali lights out, lots of coho and pinks, seems a bit tough with the springs but there are some around. Grant bay had 15 boats at 6am and none by 830…
Looking forward for the opening this weekend!
By lights out do you mean it's been great for hali and lings or that nothing is being caught...? thanks

Lingcod and Hali lights out, lots of coho and pinks, seems a bit tough with the springs but there are some around. Grant bay had 15 boats at 6am and none by 830…
By lights out do you mean it's been great for hali and lings or that nothing is being caught...? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back