2023 Prince Rupert Fishing Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how's the fishing been? I'm living vicariously through you guys as it's still a month and a half till i get out there! Are Springs open right now, how is the run shaping up this year? I've heard rumors that they are cutting back on the Americans catch up north, any truth to that? Hows the Hali and Ling fishing been?

The weekend was slow for salmon
Avery/ rushton area wasn’t holding fish like it should be, guys fishing up north did some grinding and found some fish
Halis are good

The weekend was slow for salmon
Avery/ rushton area wasn’t holding fish like it should be, guys fishing up north did some grinding and found some fish
Halis are good
Hopefully changes by Friday :). See you out there Bryce

Any recommendations on a charter out of a Prince Rupert? I’ve got sometime to kill this week and next week and could use some halibut.

we had myself, my wife, our sub 2y/0, and our best couple friends with their two young boys out in Rupert this past weekend. It was a busy boat but the kids were kept entertained with multiple coho and scenery shots. The bite was as steady as an angler could dream up, 2 bites a pass, and we were all alone. Our biggest landed was my wife’s which was just north of 40,( it hit Just as the little one got to her crib/tent set up on the gladiator bow.)
Thanks again @bryce for a weekend the kids will never forget! Already set for two trips next year if he’ll take us again!

we had myself, my wife, our sub 2y/0, and our best couple friends with their two young boys out in Rupert this past weekend. It was a busy boat but the kids were kept entertained with multiple coho and scenery shots. The bite was as steady as an angler could dream up, 2 bites a pass, and we were all alone. Our biggest landed was my wife’s which was just north of 40,( it hit Just as the little one got to her crib/tent set up on the gladiator bow.)
Thanks again @bryce for a weekend the kids will never forget! Already set for two trips next year if he’ll take us again!
Definetly a good weekend! Always welcome back!
I guess a fish every 10-15 minutes for 10 hrs straight ain’t so bad 😏 I love having the kids out that’s what it’s all about!

The word from most people is lots of fish everywhere, even out of Port Ed already. Good coho numbers since first week of July, hope they all stick around. Lots Chinook being caught in some places, looking forward to it opening next week. We went out last weekend and it was sporadic hitting small schools, get a couple, then slow until you found them again, but you can get a limit if you stick at it. Some guys doing very well if they hit it right.

Any recent reports for Rupert??
Definitely seem to be a decent amount of fish out there, was out at Avery last Saturday for a couple hours and got a few 5 pound coho and lost a bunch more. Probably gonna head out there again tomorrow for a bit

Not going to make it this year but how's the Coho fishing looking for the long weekend? It's killing me probably the first time in over 25 years I haven't a enjoyed morning coffee leaving Rushbrook in the dark.

Not going to make it this year but how's the Coho fishing looking for the long weekend? It's killing me probably the first time in over 25 years I haven't an enjoyed morning coffee leaving Rushbrook in the dark.
It’s hardly fishing at this point lol fish are stacked out there hook on a release clip you’d limit out

Last edited:
Got out late this morning due to the fog, but the few hours out there was crazy, couldn't keep the coho or the pinks off, ended up landing 6 coho between the 2 of us all between 6-8 pounds, lost a ton more, and released so many pinks lol.

Still slightly annoyed about one of the ones that got away though, was much bigger than any of the others today lol

Any recent reports for Prince Rupert? I am looking at possibly fishing there from August 12th to 17th. Thanks Ed.

This past weekend coho fishing was tough out of Port Ed, none of the usual spots producing. Found more chinook than coho ourselves. The guides are still finding them due to their networks, but tough for amateurs. Lots of pinks if that's interesting for you. Maybe Sqauderee or up north still has them but seems like the run was 2 weeks early this year. Not sure what the word is on how people fishing out of actual Rupert were doing, maybe better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back