2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks so much. I love this boat. Got by-in from the wife because it doubles as a family weekender. Plus the heated cabin keeps my dad warm, whereas he really struggles otherwise. Gets him out on the water with me instead of those nasty doctors appointments. Started from scratch about a year ago, and have spent more quality time with him than anytime I can remember. Every day he asks what is going on on the chat board and I keep him posted. My mom says he perks right up every time I call to give him the latest. Appreciate all of the updates here guys. keeps a busy son and his dad happily chatting about more enjoyable things versus all the other stuff.
That's awesome. How old is pops? I think we can all agree that, for better or worse, this forum provides a needed distraction for us. I'm not sure what I'd be doing with my life at this point if I didn't find fishing about 8 years ago.

Last edited:
I'll take popping shakers off all day over yelling at grown men about how to properly open a gate in the morning, or not to smoke, or to turn the Nickelback off, or to take some care in their work, or to protect the fireplace hearth because the tile took 8 months to get here from europe and theres no extra so if we damage it it's going to come out of my pocket to replace it all and then I have to get a dirty look and mumbling under their breath in response to all of that because they're immature human beings that have been enabled by their equally terrible friends and relatives and they should probably stop smoking so much weed because it's negatively affecting their ability to focus at the crack of 10 AM.

Shakers, way better.
As a small business owner, you hit the nail on the head! So much babysitting involved! They get paid well and you want them to just try and care half as much as you do, but that’s a needle in the haystack these days. Sorry back to fishing.

Heading out Saturday if weather still looks good. Finally got a prawn trap setup, but no puller. Hopefully I put them in the right spot to make it worthwhile 🤣
I did the same thing a couple years ago, got two traps and no puller, pulled up two traps by hand from 300’ and said never again, got puller next day. But I can tell my kids that I used to pull these by hand 😆

I did the same thing a couple years ago, got two traps and no puller, pulled up two traps by hand from 300’ and said never again, got puller next day. But I can tell my kids that I used to pull these by hand 😆
I’ve done it a few times on my boat when a buddy has brought traps. It’s not my favorite, but I have done worse for less 😆

Last edited:
Use a float to pull em same as a Hali anchor. Scotty makes a rig for that.
This works, just don't use any line weights and only use one trap secured well to the end of the line. I had to rescue some traps once because my puller **** the bed.

Dropped the lines around 930 at Grace. Flurry of activity at 205 225. Hootchie and spoons on black flashers. I let 4 go at about mid water column. Managed to keep one on. Completely died off around noon. Beautiful day out. IMG-20231216-WA0001.jpeg

Last edited:
Fished the bell today 11am to 3pm in 150 to 200' of water. Started marking bait right away and it was steady action. No keepers but caught about ten under on hoochies near bottom, nothing on spoons today. Conditions were great, nearly flat calm and a big pod of porpoise swam right past the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back