2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Bridgeview CC fan boi!! I had similar results fishing , wth one decent pin popper that didn’t stick. 3 keeper crabs and a super nice day on the water.
All those boats out there and only one report of a few smalls being caught? Where's my Monday morning hit of some blood on the deck?

Went out on Sunday from 10-4:30 on a friends boat. Steady action on a north-south tack between North Arm to Bell buoy, following roughly the 180-200 foot contour. Ran three lines, depths between 110-180. Over 20 hits usually on the deeper lines. Mostly undersized winter chinook to the side and quickly released. We boxed three keepers, between 67-72 centimetres. Almost all were caught on white hootchies with a variety of green or chartreuse flashers. Tried a variety of spoons as well with no luck, so ended up with white hootchies on all three rods. The bite was coming on towards the end of the afternoon, but we had to pull up lines to get back to the dockIMG_2419.jpeg before it got dark. Fantastic day on the water!

Fished 12-3 yesterday on the tack between the bell and N arm. Lots undersized Chinooks and the biggest would have been right around 62 cms but we released it. Bite was strongest in the first hour.

Tried one spoon combo and one hootchie combo and found the spoon always stuck to hits and the hootchie was about 50/50 on getting a successful hook up to the boat. Missed a few poppers too. About even on the number of hits.

Depths with fish were anywhere from 140' to 180'. Current seemed to be flowing even though low slack tide was meant to be ~2 pm, so not sure of the interaction between river and tides.

Conditions were perfect flat calm and sunny. Probably ~6 other boats out fishing similar water on very long tacks. Beauty day on the water.

Been at the bell since 130ish . 6 unders and we just popped a nice one at the leader , went on some nice big runs . 180 ‘ fow 211’ cable

Let me be the first one to use the Strait Weather page to show what the current wind and wave conditions are in the Greater Vancouver Fishing area.

View attachment 99610
Let me be the first to give a first hand account of being in it. It's f&^%ed. Felt like Haulover Inlet coming back in. 8 footers out in the middle. Kind of fun actually. :p

This website is valuable resource, it shows the weather and now I see new features are added. E.g. it shows fishing spots. Feels like new features to come :) BTW I've got flashing tooltip when hovering over fishing locations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back