2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly is not! Yesterday’s rain has sent a lot of fish running. This week’s rain will clean things up and then we’ll get the main push of coho and late springs in early October. That’s when you can easily run a couple trays of anchovies on coho bites if we get a decent tide and wind combo. 🤞🤞 (Sry- no Emojis for crossed toes!)
I hope so. Not ready to be done yet. Duck season doesn’t start till thanksgiving.

Fished the high slack at T10 today with my fishing buddy and caught a nice 13lb on an anchovy followed by a 14lb on a white hoochie right at the high. Probably one of the last fishing trips now that the rains are coming. Anchovy was at 78 ft on the rigger and the hoochie was at 55 ft.

Attachments

• IMG_4969.jpeg
    IMG_4969.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 115
I’m hoping there’s still some fish around next weekend too havnt been out in a couple weeks .
I think it's just back to normal fishing. Have to work for them and hit the short bite windows. It's not over yet.
Yeah it’s totally done. No point going out next weekend. They’ve all gone up now. I’m totally not gonna try the North Arm next Sunday….

Thinking of chucking some metal at them in the canal off the boat in the coming weeks, anyone know if the Barrowtown launch is still open?
might be but the water is really low out there i was out there yesterday for a river fish in the canal lots of fish but were very spooked from all the guys chucking gear in the river

Great day fishing bad day for the boat!

Part 1 - Caught slack tide at the cap, 1 quick 11lb pinky white chinook in the hold. A cpl missed hits later and a freight train hit. Fought to the surface and then one of the 8 seals we saw grabbed ahold. We then proceeded to play a game of cat and mouse with the seal - still hooked up, bringing the boat over it, racing towards it and furiously reeling to keep up when it surfaced. Eventually he was spent and spat the salmon and we netted a 20lber that was predominantly red. All in chovies dragging mud.

Part 2 - fished gibsons to Byng and had 7+ hits and 5 coho to the boat (one hatch) between 4-6pm. Chovies top 90 ft.

Part 3 - running back to Gibsons for the night and one of my motors abruptly stops. Look back, white smoke (****). Engine was getting no power and when parallel’d it wouldn’t turn over. Limped back in with my one working engine. If anyone has a good mobile marine mechanic in Gibsons (Suzuki 115hp outboard), I’m all ears!

Part 1 - Caught slack tide at the cap, 1 quick 11lb pinky white chinook in the hold. A cpl missed hits later and a freight train hit. Fought to the surface and then one of the 8 seals we saw grabbed ahold. We then proceeded to play a game of cat and mouse with the seal - still hooked up, bringing the boat over it, racing towards it and furiously reeling to keep up when it surfaced. Eventually he was spent and spat the salmon and we netted a 20lber that was predominantly red. All in chovies dragging mud.

Part 2 - fished gibsons to Byng and had 7+ hits and 5 coho to the boat (one hatch) between 4-6pm. Chovies top 90 ft.

Part 3 - running back to Gibsons for the night and one of my motors abruptly stops. Look back, white smoke (****). Engine was getting no power and when parallel’d it wouldn’t turn over. Limped back in with my one working engine. If anyone has a good mobile marine mechanic in Gibsons (Suzuki 115hp outboard), I’m all ears!
I don’t have personal experience with them, but I’ve heard Quantum Marine in Sechelt are reasonable to deal with.

Call Shane Dougall. (604) 886-6784

Gracias, Don Julio. I think I'll hit the Cap at first light tomorrow and fish for a couple/few hours... I'll try at least one anchovy near bottom... maybe a glowy Skinny G on the other rod midwater?

Any hatchery cohos being caught around the Cap? Maybe I'll put a hoochie on a dodger and 2 oz. weight on a "surface" rod just in case... I know, low probability...

This assumes Bell Buoy is dead; what have folks heard?

Sorry to hear about your motor...

Fished sandheads solo for a last hurrah today with the weather break. Lines in at 10:30 and had a limit of 2 chinook by 1:15.

Bite came on as the slack low tide ended and flood started. Bigger fish around 28 lbs. Smaller one around 25 lbs. One on anchovy. One on big 5.0 spoon.

1695944928022.jpeg

One marble and one white. Both females. Got them at 75' and 110' to the N of the green can in the back eddy.

Still lots of other fish out there too. Of the ~10 boats at Sandheads saw lots of nets out.

This is not a report. Just spotted these on marketplace. Saw a couple of
Posts about riggers which had been ripped off in West Vancouver.

Clearly they have been ripped off a boat. Note the cut wires and male and female plug ends. These are nearly new.

I’m not buying the ******** storage locker story.

This is not a report. Just spotted these on marketplace. Saw a couple of
Posts about riggers which had been ripped off in West Vancouver.

Clearly they have been ripped off a boat. Note the cut wires and male and female plug ends. These are nearly new.

I’m not buying the ******** storage locker story.

i checked out that post defintly hot

This was the 20lber from the cap the other day:

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 134
Was there this morning 7:30 wind started to pick up around 8:30ish. Small white caps but there were patches of fishable areas toward the gulf islands. Pulled line around 9:40
and headed to t10 where it was calmer. Then the white caps decided to followed us so headed in at 11:00. Saw 2 nets out at SH and that was about it. I think landing a fish will be tough in those conditions, especially if you are solo. Good luck. Gonna try the NA this Sunday afternoon if wind is calmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back