2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just crossed the bridge and definitely one boat kept at it for sunset at the cap. What a stunning sunset, can't wait for Friday!

Boxed 6 springs today, a hatch coho and 3 pinks. Released 3 nice wild ho’s and some shakers. Springs mostly 80-100’ down off the rigger, lighthouse bigeye was the top producer. Nothing on plug, hoochie or bait ended up using all spoons by then end. Hopefully able to get a few more tomorrow before heading home though wind looking ugly.
We didn’t get into as many pinks as we thought or hoped… didn’t think I’d have to say this but any tips for pinks off sandheads tomorrow?
Was going through some gear tonight and actually measured the leader length on the most successful spoon- 71”… anyone else run 6’ leads or what are your favourite lengths? Come to think of it, the coho came on a skinny G which was on about a 5’ leader.

Was going through some gear tonight and actually measured the leader length on the most successful spoon- 71”… anyone else run 6’ leads or what are your favourite lengths? Come to think of it, the coho came on a skinny G which was on about a 5’ leader.
For chinook, 6’ leader often. I find Haida Gwaii and Rivers Inlet seem to like the longer leaders.

Was over on the North Shore today and seen quite a few boats trolling at mouth of the Cap/Ambelside as well as a few around Point Atkinson.

Any reports from either of these areas?

Thanks In advance
Did the morning shift at the cap today 7-12. Was slow to start but then bite came on after 8-ish. I wasn't catching anything on spoons or bait - the guy next to me landed a fish on a white hootchie so switched to that. Caught 5 hatchery coho and one 10lb chinook between the 3 of us at 60 / 80 ft all on white hootchie. A couple keeper crabs. Good luck out there at the derby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back