2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever been pulled over for speeding? No excuses-you get a ticket. Ever gone before a judge with a reason explaining your behaviour?

The shame on you is a ticket and the judge berating you after because he couldn’t accept your “excuses” as legitimate reasons for your failings.

People need to grow a set of balls and own up to their behaviour and mistakes instead of making it more about their emotional reaction being told they are a knucklehead. The OP is an adult. Quite sure myself saying shame on him doesn’t bother him.

The shame is that people make it more about the message or getting called out than the original problem. Again, this is why people don’t post or contribute here anymore.

This is also why a big number of people sit by idly and give zero f’s about people who get it wrong too.

The bigger shame is more his ignorance to feedback instead of killing a fish he shouldn’t have. He got away with it this time. Maybe next time the next person who does won’t.

View attachment 97679
Doesn't matter who was right or wrong, its been discussed enough, lets let it die. BACK TO REPORTS

Alright dudes ill own it. I made a mistake. We had 20+ fish to the boat that day i thought it was a spring my bad. Thanks for the knowledge everyone. Im out at sandheads right now and nothing compared to thursday. One hog but he spit the hook at the boat
Tight lines to you! 👍👍

Anybody fishing around Spanish Banks/Bell Buoy or the T10 marker? (yes, I'm aware that theres the SRKW zone off the North Arm)

I'll be heading out tomorrow with a young kid to have a shot at catching their first salmon. Got some anchovies and herring getting salted up now!

Dropped lines at T10 around 9am today with @Marley and right away got into a couple springs at 80ft with bait. Plus a bunch of pinks at various depths... Then we got this big boy around noon today - 21lbs on the digital scale. Hooked at 55ft on green glow teaser west of the pack over 240ft bottom. It made an immediate b-line for the surface and emerged about 75ft behind the boat where many cartwheels ensued before it rushed the boat and there were a lot of tense moments before getting it into the net. Fished every kinda lure and flasher looking for springs but only bait worked for us today on anything - including pinks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909_135637_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909_135637_WhatsApp.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 157
Dropped lines at T10 around 9am today with @Marley and right away got into a couple springs at 80ft with bait. Plus a bunch of pinks at various depths... Then we got this big boy around noon today - 21lbs on the digital scale. Hooked at 55ft on green glow teaser west of the pack over 240ft bottom. It made an immediate b-line for the surface and emerged about 75ft behind the boat where many cartwheels ensued before it rushed the boat and there were a lot of tense moments before getting it into the net. Fished every kinda lure and flasher looking for springs but only bait worked for us today on anything - including pinks.
Nice chrome fish and a hatchery to boot!

What a beauty!

T10 to sh and back, for the first 4 hours I could not escape the stupid pinks. Most were foul hooked! Fairly new crew but managed to scratch up a 74 which was red and felt like a feeder and a 79 marble. Red was down below 110 and marble was 55...can't wait til the next wave arrives. A buddy at dent today nailed a 43.5lbs in Denham bay.

Last edited:
8 - 4 shift at T10. Bite was sporatic for us, but put in our time and ended up with 4 springs (3 red and 1 marble) and 3 hatch hos in the box. Pulled our gear at 4 pm when the Orcas came through, heading south. Didn’t see DFO out there trying to shoo them back to “their zone”.

Attachments

• IMG_9302.jpeg
    IMG_9302.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Slowish day, by recent standards anyways. Put in 3 hrs at SH 9-12 no love. Got a 16lb marble at T10 around 1pm at 85’. Back to SH and got a 10lb white on herring at 80’ and lost a decent one. Couple pinks in the mix.
We got the bigger one on my homemade no bananas flasher, spray painted a red dot on an old lemon lime. And the matching spoon. I call that new combo “absolutely no bananas” IMG_3551.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi All... long time lurker, first time contributor, lol. Fished 28-7 yesterday, between the freighters and markers heading towards the bell buoy. That area has always been good to us. Got the first rod in the water and was working on the other side, when the pin popped and after a fairly short but scrappy fight, we had our first spring in the net. (a super slimy white, lol) Finally got the second rod down was and working on the first rod again when the second rod did a pin pop too. Another short scrappy fight and fish #2 was in the boat. Back to rod #1... got it in the water again and before I got the other rod down for the second time, we had our 3rd. fish. We hadn't been there more than a half hour (no BS) and hadn't had 2 rods in the water and we had 3 springs. Finally 2 rods down and we run into a submerged crab pot float.... wrapped the downrigger cable around it, but managed to save everything. A quick leader change and 2 rods down again.... 10 minutes later our 4th. springs. We had our limit of springs so we ran out to our buddy who was fishing the bell buoy area and gave him the rest of our bait. Took us less than a hour to get our 4 springs and were off the water in 75 mins. Fish were all 12-15 pounds, 2 reds, 2 whites. Anchovies and herring 46' & 57'. Cheers!

Slowish day, by recent standards anyways. Put in 3 hrs at SH 9-12 no love. Got a 16lb marble at T10 around 11am at 85’. Back to SH and got a 10lb white on herring at 80’ and lost a decent one. Couple pinks in the mix.
We got the bigger one on my homemade no bananas flasher, spray painted a red dot on an old lemon lime. And the matching spoon. I call that new combo “absolutely no bananas” View attachment 97691
Cool idea. I wondered why Trevor chose the chartreuse blade lemon lime flasher to put the red swatch on instead of the green blade lemon lime flasher like you did. I can only assume the chartreuse blade worked better overall in 12 month conditions.

Cool idea. I wondered why Trevor chose the chartreuse blade lemon lime flasher to put the red swatch on instead of the green blade lemon lime flasher like you did. I can only assume the chartreuse blade worked better overall in 12 month conditions.
No way, mine’s better

First light till 2:30 at SH today with an inexperienced crew. Steady action north of lighthouse before the low slack and by the can through the flood. Bagged 4 springs all reds. Lost a really nice one to a neighbours downrigger cable. Got a good look at it…. Need to work on my coaching! Lots of fish lost 37 and 57 all day

Ran across from Ladysmith today. In the water at noon, arrived at sand heads at 1:00. Had a tough go today but still managed a just legal spring and 3 pinks. Got stopped by DFO, 7 minutes after catching the spring, checked our gear, measured the fish, asked to see our licence. Oh oh. Put my gear down before writing in the spring and there they were. Good bunch of people, just doing their job, ended up giving us a warning ⚠️ note to self. Great day even if we didn’t catch much. Calm water made for a nice ride back home.

Hi All... long time lurker, first time contributor, lol. Fished 28-7 yesterday, between the freighters and markers heading towards the bell buoy. That area has always been good to us. Got the first rod in the water and was working on the other side, when the pin popped and after a fairly short but scrappy fight, we had our first spring in the net. (a super slimy white, lol) Finally got the second rod down was and working on the first rod again when the second rod did a pin pop too. Another short scrappy fight and fish #2 was in the boat. Back to rod #1... got it in the water again and before I got the other rod down for the second time, we had our 3rd. fish. We hadn't been there more than a half hour (no BS) and hadn't had 2 rods in the water and we had 3 springs. Finally 2 rods down and we run into a submerged crab pot float.... wrapped the downrigger cable around it, but managed to save everything. A quick leader change and 2 rods down again.... 10 minutes later our 4th. springs. We had our limit of springs so we ran out to our buddy who was fishing the bell buoy area and gave him the rest of our bait. Took us less than a hour to get our 4 springs and were off the water in 75 mins. Fish were all 12-15 pounds, 2 reds, 2 whites. Anchovies and herring 46' & 57'. Cheers!
Shhhh… Don’t tell anyone. All the fish are at Sandheads, none in the harbour. No sir, it’s barren in those protected waters, 15 minutes from Vanier, with barely any boats around…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back