2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at my boat at 5:45 this morning at thunderbird marina to find all three of my downriggers and the balls that were attached were stolen. What a true bummer. Was very excited watching all these great reports. Hopefully find replacements fast. They were all 2106b. Two with 20lb and one with 15 lb ball.

Bottom of picnic table.
Closest to the guy in shorts.

The coho stands out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWS
Was at my boat at 5:45 this morning at thunderbird marina to find all three of my downriggers and the balls that were attached were stolen. What a true bummer. Was very excited watching all these great reports. Hopefully find replacements fast. They were all 2106b. Two with 20lb and one with 15 lb ball.
Security should help you identify the theives. Hope they were locked on there.
Unless the thieves came in by water.
PNT in Steveston or Berry’s should be able to help you out in a hurry

They all had black gums. I would never take an illegal fish in the first place, let alone post it here .. if it was a coho then i was fooled. They were all spring but in the unlikely chance it was a coho.. my bad everyone makes mistakes.

They all had black gums. I would never take an illegal fish in the first place, let alone post it here .. if it was a coho then i was fooled. They were all spring but in the unlikely chance it was a coho.. my bad everyone makes mistakes.
hands up; who has never made a mistake?

we all have made mistakes

live and learn

from that one picture (and my 47+ years on the coast as commie troller and sportie; that's a ho

the mouth gives it away

yet, it is only one picture................

no need for you keyboard warriors to beat someone down for what was obviously an honest mistake

good eater i bet

We have all done it, I know professional graders at fish plants that have made mistakes before. Keyboard superstars feel the need to show their superiority, show how tough they think they are.

hands up; who has never made a mistake?

we all have made mistakes

live and learn

from that one picture (and my 47+ years on the coast as commie troller and sportie; that's a ho

the mouth gives it away

yet, it is only one picture................

no need for you keyboard warriors to beat someone down for what was obviously an honest mistake

good eater i bet

Your response is part of the reason so many people don’t post or contribute here anymore.

He made a mistake. Sure. Then he needs to own it. He denied making the mistake despite coaching. Several professional individuals tactfully and constructively pointed it out. Then your resort to calling professionals “ keyboard warriors” on a “beat down”. Effectively what you are trying to do is change the channel on the real issues.

I don’t see a beat down anywhere.

It seems everyone wants instant gratification with everything on these boards and there’s always someone to defend those making mistakes or someone’s inadequacies regardless. That’s why we have licenses and why we pay money for the privilege to fish.

Lots of good slimy smelly white chinooks for all this year-go get ‘em and watch out for wild Coho.

Went to SH yesterday with the wife, as she wanted to get out on the boat. I discover on the way out of Steveston that I forgot the riggers back in Burnaby! I yelled and scared the s*** out of the wife. My bad! Race back to Burnaby to retrieve them and thought, I hope this isn't one of those signs to give up now! Finally out at the lightship and we get a double header with pinks (released, but good for family fun). Next up, a dogfish. Then a screamer and I played it to the boat with the wife on the net. 3 times she had it half in half out, and then it snapped the leader. Was a very nice fish, bye bye. OK; deep breaths. Tried not to say anything. Normally, I would net and she would hold the rod, but she has a shoulder injury and this was a good spring. Proceeded to get a nice wild coho and lose a couple more springs on the can run. Pull the plug at dusk and run back in. As we're driving home, I ask if I could have a bite of the sandwich she brought but only had a bite of. She said I didn't want to know what kind of sandwich it was, then I took a bite. Salmon!!!!! Anyone know of a good divorce lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back