2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see or hear any news about the fire at the lighthouse at Cape Roger Curtis? A colleague lives on the island and made a post on his Facebook page about it, but did not give any pictures.
It's out. Volunteer fire department is cleaning up the mess now. No news on the source. Saw a picture and it down low on on the beach rocks thankfully and didn't make it to the trees.

bet thats some muppet having a beach fire and left it smouldering ........ or could of been a chunk of glass ????? good work to the people who helped put it out ....

Fished Sandheads 7-3pm today. Biggest 22 lbs, 1 hatchery cohoe. 5 pinks. Released 2 wild cohoe, lots pinks. Lost 3 Spring too. Broke a rod. Fun day. Alittle bit choppy. Suppose to be nicer tomorrow
120 -300 fow. 75 ft seems to best depth. Anchovies, Cop car and Skinny g. Going tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 158
Pretty snotty coming out of north arm. Went to bell and the 2 kids on board turned green within 5 minutes. Over the point Atkinson for 1 way tack along shoreline. Pretty calm over here but expect fishing to suck. 😬
I was pretty green at Pt. Atkinson too on Saturday, and no fish for me and buddy also. Was using a spoon.

Fished SH tonight 4 -7. No bananas spoon one side and bait the other. 50-80 seemed to be the good depth with hits on both sides. Landed two beauties but also lost three (the wife was out of practice.) A little bumpy out there but totally fishable. Tomorrow night should be even better.

Sunday afternoon at the Bell was on fire for us with 6 springs but slow on Monday with a couple of pinks and 3 wild coho released. I'm hoping to fish Sandheads for the first time this season on Friday and Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back