2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple chinook and a couple of pinks that didn't want to leave without a fight. Slow day. Started at Sandheads then moved to T10 for a couple hours. Saw and heard of fish being caught but sporadic for sure. We lost a few good ones because of some rookie crew. Still a fun day once the winds calmed down a little. Plugs and herring behind dummies.

This is my first ever post on this site / thread, and I want to start with a massive thank you to all. I have been enjoying your collective advice and intel for a few months now. You have really helped me up my saltwater game and get through those days when I am trapped at my desk! In the sprit of giving back, I thought I'd share that over the weekend me and my buddy ditched the trebles on our teaser rigs and switched to using gammi 5/0 Big River hooks through the bait our landing ratio on all fish - but notably springs - has improved to almost 100%. They also seem to do way less damage to the fish and are much easier to manage at release than trebles. I can't take credit for the idea of switching (read it on here maybe - I can't remember) but I can attest to the fact that it definitely works! On Saturday we boated 3 beauties - 2 whites and a red - north of the Bell. Hooked at 85ft on plain green glow teaser heads and lemon lime flasher. Despite all the thrashing and theatrics at the surface they all stayed hooked into the net which was a nice change

Hope point, before the government dock on gambier, I’d fish here all the time trolling in 100-180 ft of water, I caught a lot of fish here and some monster white springs. I’d start in mid April all the way through till late September. Don’t live there anymore, but this was my go to. Always produced.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.png
    IMG_0135.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 137
Spent the day at T10 from 9 - 6. Fewer pinks than yesterday. Found a few nice wild coho, and boxed one hatch ho, and four springs, largest at 19 lbs. Took a while for us to find the springs. Most of the bites came after the tide changed. Lost a couple nice ones too. Most action from 45 - 75 feet, on a variety of bait.
nice footballs

Fished SH 7-8am then bailed due to some seasick kids; but not before managing to net 2 decent chinooks and losing a handful of other fish. Bait and spoon 40/60'. No pinks to the boat for us - the reverse of the day prior. Was sure challenging to manage the boat and fish in those waves!

Hope point, before the government dock on gambier, I’d fish here all the time trolling in 100-180 ft of water, I caught a lot of fish here and some monster white springs. I’d start in mid April all the way through till late September. Don’t live there anymore, but this was my go to. Always produced.
There’s a wall on the left side of the rock in the picture, I’d head straight into the beach until I hit it and then turn right towards the dock around the shelf. I’d bounce bottom a bit, but there’s always fish at the bottom off the wall. I’d troll down past the dock always and troll back. Anyways, it’s a killer spot and not a lot of boats. Good prawns all around there too, good luck!

Anyone see or hear any news about the fire at the lighthouse at Cape Roger Curtis? A colleague lives on the island and made a post on his Facebook page about it, but did not give any pictures.

Anyone see or hear any news about the fire at the lighthouse at Cape Roger Curtis? A colleague lives on the island and made a post on his Facebook page about it, but did not give any pictures.

According to this article, the lighthouse isn't under immediate threat from the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back